DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 and Smart Controller - Mavic 2 Pro - App HANG/Crash

Skyler King III

Reactions
For my last two shoots (Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller), when "pressing" the "Shutter button" for an AEB3 shot, the app (DJI GO4) on the smart controller HUNG and I got an android message to "close" or "wait". I said "wait" and in a minute or two, it took a shot. Same issue when switching from still image to video. Drone was less than 100 yards all all times (from me), no obstructions. I used the same MicroSD cards I always use, Samsung 64GB Evo Select, Class 3.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what problem/solution is?

PS I always update the controller and a/c when prompted. Last update was a month or two ago. I always check for updates when I have a strong Internet connection.

I’m not convinced that the sc is problem free. I’ve seen what I think is a glitch that should not be there several times when looking at a panorama photo and the app just shuts down. What I’ve decided, is to not repeat this procedure and leave it alone. Is it a correction that a firmware update would fix? Don’t know. I tend to wait on updates until I’ve seen enough evidence from others that it works. In regards to your question, I don’t have anything in mind that would help. Sorry.

For my last two shoots (Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller), when "pressing" the "Shutter button" for an AEB3 shot, the app (DJI GO4) on the smart controller HUNG and I got an android message to "close" or "wait". I said "wait" and in a minute or two, it took a shot. Same issue when switching from still image to video. Drone was less than 100 yards all all times (from me), no obstructions. I used the same MicroSD cards I always use, Samsung 64GB Evo Select, Class 3.

PS I always update the controller and a/c when prompted. Last update was a month or two ago. I always check for updates when I have a strong Internet connection.

Does sound like its the card; Im using the Sandisk Extreme Plus 128 gig and very smooth thus far no hangups .

My problem is if you swipe for auto take off and it does not register , it turns the camera , ugh very annoying but c2 key is the easy fix.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic in the Rain
Desginer of the Lunar Landing Pad.

I have had this happen a few times over this past week. SD cards can do weird things . I had no picture on my phantom with corrupt SD CARD... Happened after I accidentally removed battery without turning off. New card and no problems.

I’m going to format card from the aircraft next time I fly..

Thing to remember is not to panic .. you can still fly.. you can also shut of controller and restart. Aircraft will fly back if you take to long.

turn off wi-fi on it, i had some odd glitches sometimes when at the edge of wi-fi reception to my house hotspot. since turned off it never had any issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851