DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app does not work with my Samsung S-10+ smartphone

RedBaron2

Reactions
Bought a Samsung S-10+ phone and tried to download DJI's G0 4 app for use with my Mavic 2 Pro. When I tried to open the app, I received the following error message: "Something went wrong with DJI GO 4 - DJI GO 4 closed because this app has a bug. Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error."
I use the Smart Controller but it would be nice to have a backup. Also sent a request to Litchi to request a transfer of my license from a now-dead Samsung S-7 phone.
Next step will be an inquiry to DJI's service group.
Anybody have similar experience.
Ron

You can use Litchi on multiple devices once you've paid. No transfer needed. Seems like I read something about the GO app is only for 32 bit devices, not 64 bit. That might be your problem

I have a Samsung S10+ and can confirm that the GO app runs fine on it. Try clear cache and clear data on the app or uninstall and reinstall?

I have version 4.3.46 installed. You can view the version under app info in the Android Settings Apps.

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Reactions: PeterPatrick
I have a Samsung S10+ and can confirm that the GO app runs fine on it. Try clear cache and clear data on the app or uninstall and reinstall?

I have version 4.3.46 installed. You can view the version under app info in the Android Settings Apps.
A live DJI rep told me to download the GO 4 app from the DJI website; not the Google Playstore. The rep told me that the Playstore app was an older version.
- After heeding his advice, I downloaded the app and reconnected the M2Pro to the original controller, and to the Smart Controller.

Thank you for your guidance.
Ron

Reactions: Ricapoody
You can use Litchi on multiple devices once you've paid. No transfer needed. Seems like I read something about the GO app is only for 32 bit devices, not 64 bit. That might be your problem
When my last smartphone died (could not be repaired), I lost the Litchi app. Today, I tried downloading Litchi's app from the Google Playstore, but I could not install the Litchi app without paying $25 first. Litchi recognizes my account, but that's about all. So, I sent an email message to their support team. Will probably know more on Monday. Thank you, Ron

A live DJI rep told me to download the GO 4 app from the DJI website; not the Google Playstore. The rep told me that the Playstore app was an older version.
- After heeding his advice, I downloaded the app and reconnected the M2Pro to the original controller, and to the Smart Controller.

Thank you for your guidance.
Ron
So what version is it?

When my last smartphone died (could not be repaired), I lost the Litchi app. Today, I tried downloading Litchi's app from the Google Playstore, but I could not install the Litchi app without paying $25 first. Litchi recognizes my account, but that's about all. So, I sent an email message to their support team. Will probably know more on Monday. Thank you, Ron
Works fine on my S21 Ultra. I had an issue a month ago. Apparently DJI fixed it.

Sorry for your troubles. At the same time it reminds me that I'm still happy choosing the Apple system which has -at least- less of these irritations.

Sorry for your troubles. At the same time it reminds me that I'm still happy choosing the Apple system which has -at least- less of these irritations.
This inexpensive incident reminded me of past compatibility issues when, years ago, I updated my PC's operating system from Windows XP to something more "state of the art". At the time, I lost all access to multiple (and older) incompatible printers, scanners and related software. Quite an expensive lesson to learn at the time.

Is the Play store recognising you've purchased it on the platform before? If not is it definitely the same Google account as I've never seen it fail to recognise a purchased app.

Is the Play store recognising you've purchased it on the platform before? If not is it definitely the same Google account as I've never seen it fail to recognise a purchased app.
No. The only option is a new purchase. On Playstore for the Litchi page, I do not have the option to use my Google account info.
Cannot guarantee 100% that I have the original Google account information (email and password). I do have a confirming email message to my continuing email address from the original time of downloading, however.
I will provide an update once I hear back from Litchi. Thanks.

On an Android device the Play store will use whichever Google account the device is associated with so you won't get a sign in request, if you want to check if a different Android account you can log into the Play store using an incognito/private window on a browser at https://play.google.com/store/apps

On an Android device the Play store will use whichever Google account the device is associated with so you won't get a sign in request, if you want to check if a different Android account you can log into the Play store using an incognito/private window on a browser at https://play.google.com/store/apps
Earlier today, Litchi provided a similar response. It appears that I am currently using a different Google account than what I used to make the initial purchase in 2019. The original Google account was subsequently closed out. As a follow-up today, I reached out to Litchi explaining the problem and asked for a possible credit toward a new download. Who knows the result? Will post Litchi's response once received.
The good news: a DJI service rep provided me sufficient details to download an updated GO 4 app. With that help, I re-established contact with the original controller and my smart controller.
Thank you for your comments.

With the help of several Forum contributors, and with the help of support staff from DJI and Litchi, I have been successful in re-establishing contact with and between my Mavic 2 Pro, my Smart Controller, my original Controller and was able to download and connect a new Litchi app (that had been lost in a broken smartphone).
The attached photos were taken this June in northern Idaho; a beautiful area.
Thank you to all, and Happy Flying. Ron

Attachments

• DJI_0104e.jpg
    DJI_0104e.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • DJI_0048.JPG
    DJI_0048.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online