DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app keeps crashing on my IOS 14.2

Matigas Ulo

Reactions
Is anyone else having this issue, where the DJI GO4 app keeps crashing when you try to open it? I have an iPhone 8 plus on the new IOS 14.2.

Is anyone else having this issue, where the DJI GO4 app keeps crashing when you try to open it? I have an iPhone 8 plus on the new IOS 14.2.
you must have a special ios because according to my phone the latest version is ios 14.0 where are you based

Current version of IOS 14 is 14.0, just a while ago today (9/24), I noted 14.01 was released to fix the usual initial release glitches.. 14.2 is probably a beta version, its possible by the time it's released, if its causing Go 4 to have issues, they maybe resolved, or DJI may have to update GO 4 to fix an issue..

Reactions: Matigas Ulo
Current version of IOS 14 is 14.0, just a while ago today (9/24), I noted 14.01 was released to fix the usual initial release glitches.. 14.2 is probably a beta version, its possible by the time it's released, if its causing Go 4 to have issues, they maybe resolved, or DJI may have to update GO 4 to fix an issue..
I hope DJI will have a fix in a week or two, I have a trip coming up. If not I will just use the Litchi app.

I hope DJI will have a fix in a week or two, I have a trip coming up. If not I will just use the Litchi app.
I would not hold my breath on DJI releasing an update before 14.2 ships if one is needed.. its possible that the next release of 14.2 beta will resolve it, if not, you could use Litchi if its working, or you could revert to 14.01, which I am assuming is working fine since its not a big change from 14.0, since 14.01 just appeared, probably no one has had a chance to test it.. Sometimes, beta versions contain extra code that gets removed along the way that could also resolve the issue, but 14.2 will probably not show up for weeks...

@Matigas Ulo thanks for replying to my post ,in the UK 14.0 just came out ,so thats why i was asking about your location, i have flown both my drones one that uses the GO4 app and the other the fly app and did not have any issues with that IOS version

@Matigas Ulo thanks for replying to my post ,in the UK 14.0 just came out ,so thats why i was asking about your location, i have flown both my drones one that uses the GO4 app and the other the fly app and did not have any issues with that IOS version
I suggest you do not update your IOS above 14.0 until they fix all the bugs. On a side note, I have visited the UK a couple years ago and I had a good time.

Reactions: old man mavic
I suggest you do not update your IOS above 14.0 until they fix all the bugs. On a side note, I have visited the UK a couple years ago and I had a good time.
Now you know if everyone followed your suggestion we would never
know if there were issues. I have always updated Drones,Software
and my devices as soon as they come out. I’m still on 14 at the moment but shows I’m up to date so will just have to wait for it to show up.

Now you know if everyone followed your suggestion we would never
know if there were issues. I have always updated Drones,Software
and my devices as soon as they come out. I’m still on 14 at the moment but shows I’m up to date so will just have to wait for it to show up.
Yes, you would know because there would be people like myself who would tell the forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
my DJI Go4 crashes on IOS 13
Haven't had issues on IOS 13, any version, last one was 13.7, though your not going to be able to install any of those, because all the install files are no longer signed and will not install.. You can install, assuming your iPhone is compatible, IOS 14 or now 14.01. IOS14 you'd have to download the IPSW file and use iTunes to install it, since OTA, all your going to get now is 14.01.

That said, If Go 4 is crashing routinely, you may need to re-install the app if you have not already. If that did not help, you'll have to install IOS 14, as it appears to be working for most, other than the beta noted here..

Yes, you would know because there would be people like myself who would tell the forum.
I am sorry untill now I didn’t realize this was your thread.
I just see so many post while scanning as much as I do here
suggesting things they really don’t know I jumped with my post.
Your 100% correct and good on you for testing with a phone.
Does not mean it don’t work on a seventh generation iPad.
I also test . And will as soon as it becomes available to me.
To be honest in the 6 years I have been with DronePilots I can
honestly say I have never had any issues with any of the updates
with IOS or DJI Softwares or Firmwares.
Other than the FC40 I have never used a phone to fly with just a
Mini to start with to now a 10.2. Maybe that’s why I’ve never had issues. Hope you get your problems worked out.

Reactions: Matigas Ulo
I am sorry untill now I didn’t realize this was your thread.
I just see so many post while scanning as much as I do here
suggesting things they really don’t know I jumped with my post.
Your 100% correct and good on you for testing with a phone.
Does not mean it don’t work on a seventh generation iPad.
I also test . And will as soon as it becomes available to me.
To be honest in the 6 years I have been with DronePilots I can
honestly say I have never had any issues with any of the updates
with IOS or DJI Softwares or Firmwares.
Other than the FC40 I have never used a phone to fly with just a
Mini to start with to now a 10.2. Maybe that’s why I’ve never had issues. Hope you get your problems worked out.
Thanks mate, no worries. I sent a ticket to Apple on the feed back app. I am just glad that I can still fly with the Litchi.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929