DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go 4 app keeps quitting? (on Smart Controller)

Horus303

Reactions
I have been having this issue since the new firmware update to smart controller. the DJI go 4 app will quit midflight pushing me to the splash screen, I can then reconnect as usual but of course taking the few precious seconds to regain feedback and control over the drone.
this happened yesterday almost 4-5 times in a two battery ~40min session.
I had reinstalled the latest firmware update through DJI assit on my computer but it doesnt seem to have helped, also reinstalled the DJI go 4 app. I am currently running out of ides, does anyone have the same issues? do you have any other suggestions on what to do?
my last resort option would be to downgrade to the previous firmware and see if the problem persists, problem is it is too cold and wet here so the next time im able to fly could be weeks from now!

I never upgrade, and never have a problem. It worked the day I set it up and took my Mavic 2 Pro for the first flight and I left things as they were from that day on. Same thing with my earlier Mavic Pro, never updated anything and never had a single problem.

Just a thought. How much free ram do you have left? You might need to clear SC cache or free up some internal ram. I believe the SC has 11gb total and mine fluctuates between 4.6 and 6 GB in use. DJIGO4 is a resource hog and needs a good bit of free ram to work.

Video cache will quickly fill up the SC unless you have a limit set.

Paul C

Reactions: pelagic_one
Just a thought. How much free ram do you have left? You might need to clear SC cache or free up some internal ram. I believe the SC has 11gb total and mine fluctuates between 4.6 and 6 GB in use. DJIGO4 is a resource hog and needs a good bit of free ram to work.

Video cache will quickly fill up the SC unless you have a limit set.

Paul C
That sounds plausible. I had the cache set to the sd card but when I checked now I surprisingly found that the option to cache to the sd card was off (May be it defaulted yo that after the firmware update? Also I had previously set it up to 6gb thinking it’s going to sd card. I’m again seems it defaulted to smart controller storage but still at 6gb max.
anyways. I changed it back to sd card cache and dropped max size down to 2gb. Cleared cache. Now all I need is a break in the weather so I can go out and test the drone. It’s 5 degrees Fahrenheit here!!
I will keep you posted if that works.
thanks

Also make sure you are not accidentally tapping the screen in the Upper Left corner - that works as a back button and will take you back to the Splash Screen. Similarly, the physical button just above that area is a BACK button and does the same. Some folks have crafted a physical separator for that corner of the screen to prevent inadvertent taps.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I had that happen to me as well because of the way I hold the SC and it was a pain in A$$ a bad area to place such a button. Now I know to avoid that area with my thumb.

Reactions: ff22
actually it seems to be really an internal memory issue. I deleted video cache, switced cache location to SD card and limited cahe size to 2GB and I have been flying without issues!
seems like a stupid glitch that a "smart controller" should easily fix by prioritizing ram access to the DJI app??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada