DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 App - Last Update was Feb 2021

apeel

Reactions
HI folks,

I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and have always used the DJI Go 4 App on an iPhone / iPad and noticed that the last time this app was updated (v4.3.42) was in Feb 2021. I see that more current DJI drones now use the DJI Fly app that received much more frequent updates. Does the DJI Fly App support the Mavic 2 Zoom? Should I be concerned that the DJI Go 4 App does not receive much TLC (Tender Loving Care) from DJI?

Well ... the android version just went up to 4.3.46 now in the end of September. But GO4 is an aging platform most probably, so far all newer crafts have been on the DJI Fly app ... which you by the way can't use for your M2Z. I would bet heavily on that the upcoming M3 also will use the Fly app instead of GO4.

But if you're satisfied with what you get out of the GO4 app together with your M2Z why be concerned?

If what you have works why update anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: umanbean
there are not going to be updates for the GO4 because the App is only used for the earlier Mavics now ,and because the fly App is what the newer Mavics use then DJI will continue to improve that one

HI folks,

I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and have always used the DJI Go 4 App on an iPhone / iPad and noticed that the last time this app was updated (v4.3.42) was in Feb 2021. I see that more current DJI drones now use the DJI Fly app that received much more frequent updates. Does the DJI Fly App support the Mavic 2 Zoom? Should I be concerned that the DJI Go 4 App does not receive much TLC (Tender Loving Care) from DJI?
DJI would typically update the Go4 app when new drones were introduced, however the latest drones use a new app so there is no reason to update Go4. I don't have a Mavic 2 so I quit updating Go4 at version 4.2.22. I also use a very old version of Go 3.1.5 which can be used with a Mavic Pro.

OK. Thanks for all of your responses! I guess that the 'ol adage applies to DJI Apps ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent