DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app on Android 7?

cgenius

Reactions
Hello, I'd like to know how well the DJI GO/GO 4 app works on Android 7.0 Nouget?
It's the latest version of Android and now TMobile is trying to force me to update. Mavic coming soon.

Howdy cgenius, on my Nvida Shield it is horrible, some devices no issues or very little issues, what device are you using?
Regards,
-d.

Galaxy S7 Edge
I would do a search on this and other forums for the S7, it pays to do your research, I updated and now I have not had a good flight in weeks.
Regards,
-d.

I currently use my S7 edge and, fingers crossed, haven't experienced any problems. Now I only have a handful of short flights in open spaces but I make sure to follow some good tips when starting out; for instance, closing all apps prior to opening DJI Go 4 and then putting the device in airplane mode.

With that said, I'm currently looking for an iPad Mini 4 to use with the Mavic. :D

I currently use my S7 edge and, fingers crossed, haven't experienced any problems. Now I only have a handful of short flights in open spaces but I make sure to follow some good tips when starting out; for instance, closing all apps prior to opening DJI Go 4 and then putting the device in airplane mode.

With that said, I'm currently looking for an iPad Mini 4 to use with the Mavic. :D
That's what I've been doing. And that's the sole reason why I haven't taken my Mavic out far. I'm talking within 200' distance and 200' altitude. Just waiting on my iPad to get here, then I will feel more comfortable taking it further and higher.

I'm currently using an S7 Edge with Nougat and can't stand it. Love the phone and OS though.

Galaxy s7 edge on nougat, never had any issues. Never crashed using dji go4 app. Had previous android os and also haven't experienced problems. Samsung devices seem pretty good with mavic go4 app and also no issues when updating firmware. Hope this helps

Galaxy s7 edge on nougat, never had any issues. Never crashed using dji go4 app. Had previous android os and also haven't experienced problems. Samsung devices seem pretty good with mavic go4 app and also no issues when updating firmware. Hope this helps
Mine would constantly crash and give me other problems. Enough for me to buy an iPad after reading how well iOS worked with the mavic.

Mine would constantly crash and give me other problems. Enough for me to buy an iPad after reading how well iOS worked with the mavic.
They have to fix it soon, I am tempted by an iPad but I figure I could use that money on the CrystalSky when it comes out.
Regards,
-d.

Nexus 6p, with the very latest Nougat build and the very latest DJI Go 4 app. The Nexus 6P runs stock Android, so should, in theory, be the one of the least problematic Android phones out there, but no such luck for me.

Really not happy with it - getting entire phone lock-ups (never seen that before in almost 18 months of using the phone), regular disconnections or loss of video streaming and as a result totally no confidence with the drone in the air.

Have appropriated my son's Ipad Mini 2, but am waiting for a cable to arrive from Amazon before I try it out.

I despise Apple, but hope that the IOS app will be more reliable.

Nexus 6p, with the very latest Nougat build and the very latest DJI Go 4 app. The Nexus 6P runs stock Android, so should, in theory, be the one of the least problematic Android phones out there, but no such luck for me.

Really not happy with it - getting entire phone lock-ups (never seen that before in almost 18 months of using the phone), regular disconnections or loss of video streaming and as a result totally no confidence with the drone in the air.

Have appropriated my son's Ipad Mini 2, but am waiting for a cable to arrive from Amazon before I try it out.

I despise Apple, but hope that the IOS app will be more reliable.

If you deal with custom roms, Chad's uber rom seems to work well for me on my nexus 6p. Stock is a nightmare. Most roms are too. Its a learning experience. I never thought id consider apple products, but i have, because of this.

Reactions: GBDW
If you deal with custom roms, Chad's uber rom seems to work well for me on my nexus 6p. Stock is a nightmare. Most roms are too. Its a learning experience. I never thought id consider apple products, but i have, because of this.
Sadly, I use a banking app quite a lot, which won't run on a rooted phone, so I'm stuck with stock. But thanks for the tip!

I also am on a Galaxy S7, Nouget and the latest DJI GO 4. Everything works just fine.

I also am on a Galaxy S7, Nouget and the latest DJI GO 4. Everything works just fine.

I love Android, but hate the way that Samsung implement it, so a Galaxy would never be my phone of choice.

As much as I'm loathe to admit it, the iPad Mini 2 is currently my device of choice for the Mavic.

Never thought I'd ever see the day where I recommend an Apple device over an open source device - but I see this more as a failing on DJI's side than a weakness in Android.

I am also awaiting my Mavic. I have a motorola droid turbo 2 on 7 nougat. anyone else using this phone? I've got the ipad mini in my shopping cart, but I'd really rather not spend the cash!

Reactions: Medic31525
The DJI Go4 app crashes constantly on both my Galaxy S7 phone and my new Nvidia shield k1. Hope they get this fixed soon. I was hoping the Nvidia was going to be better, but it's actually a little worse. Even when it's not crashing, I get screen freezes which is awful when you're trying to change camera settings etc.

I was also wondering lately about freezes of GO4 on my Sony Xperia XZ running Android 7.0. Usually after some minutes of flight the video stream will become laggy, showing artefacts and then GO4 will finally freeze the whole phone. This happens without actual video recording and video caching is switched off.
Most times I am flying with Litchi in VR mode on this phone and never experienced any crash or total freeze with Litchi.

So I tried GO4 on my old Nexus 6 running Android 7.1, too. There it also runs for some minutes and then, instead of laggy video, GO4 will just crash, showing the usual crash dialog.

When trying GO4 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" running Android 6.0.1 I had no issues yet.

So, in conclusion, Litchi actually is more reliable than GO4, what also implies that the instability of GO4 is not related to a bug within the DJI SDK as this is used by both apps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929