DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 App - Partial Crash

bitterbeerpix

Reactions
Has anyone else had the DJI GO 4 App freeze the telemetry readout but continue to feed the video?

I was recently flying over water and wanted to get to about 20 above the water for some low shots. I was focused on the GO 4 readout which showed that I was at 143 feet altitude and so continued to input down elevator/throttle to reach 20 feet. After a few seconds of wondering why the altitude wasn't decreasing, I was shocked to see that the FPV video showed it was nearly in the water. After verifying visually that it was OK, I commanded a climb to a safe height and then I looked at the controller display. It showed the altitude was much different than GO 4 and that the numbers in the App had stopped changing. The App clearly had crashed but still showed normal video.

When I played the Flight Record back on my phone, it showed that the altitude had gone to 0.0 at the exact time I released the stick. My Home Point was maybe 5 feet above the water elevation. I count myself as extremely lucky.

I'll keep researching to see if it was user error, but I think it's really valuable that the controller gives you an independent display for cross-referencing vital status readouts. Scanning that display will become part of my routine now.

Hi, I have a different problem with the application, keep feeding the video, the gimbal works fine, but dosnt have other controls in sight, nothing. As in full screen mode, no line at the top, no radar, no map, there is nothing, only happens when I connect the Mavic. the application works fine when it is not connected. I can not even return to the main screen because it removes all the controls. But it flies well, and it records well. I use IOS 11.1 Public beta 2

Seems like you're in full screen mode which you reach/exit by swiping up/down on the screen.

Seems like you're in full screen mode which you reach/exit by swiping up/down on the screen.

The app is frozen, being in execution the app is all in order but when you turn on the Mavic and when you connect to the app it changes to full screen and does not let me touch anything else.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N