DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app with iPad4mini question

efowler

Reactions
I connect fine all day long at my home - (close to WiFi).
I went out on a hike yesterday and tried to connect and couldn’t because it was saying it was trying to verify software version. Couldn't get past that to fly.
Meet someone else out there with a WiFi iPad and was connecting and flying great. So I got home the next day flew fro, home and then went to local school grounds out of WiFi range and it connected great. So I need help understanding what is going on. Was it because I flew earlier in the day at home and it had a chance to verify software and therfore good for the rest of the day?? Again any help wold be much appreciated.

While you have wifi, you may want to log out of your DJI account and then log in again. Are you up to date on your firmware and apps?

I am up to date although they change frequently and the go 4app checks in with some database in the cloud before some flights and not others - I think. I was thinking that if it checks in the first time I turn it on that it won’t check again later in the day but don’t know for sure.
I am happy to log out and log in - what do you think that will accomplish?

I am up to date although they change frequently and the go 4app checks in with some database in the cloud before some flights and not others - I think. I was thinking that if it checks in the first time I turn it on that it won’t check again later in the day but don’t know for sure.
I am happy to log out and log in - what do you think that will accomplish?

I believe that if you log out and then in again while you have a wifi connection you will complete a cycle that the software is looking for. It is worth a try to help figure out what is going on with your system. I will also suggest when you can not get past the verify software version that you turn off the wifi on your iPad and see if that helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000