DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji go 4 application does not connect - Help

Orio

Reactions
Hello, I have a problem: the dji go 4 application does not connect to the Drone.
The command connects to my Mavic 2 pro, my Samsung S9 phone is connected with the cable to the command, the application opens but does not connect to the drone. The command remains in "OPTI MODUS"
Thanks for the help, Orio

Hello, I have a problem: the dji go 4 application does not connect to the Drone.
The command connects to my Mavic 2 pro, my Samsung S9 phone is connected with the cable to the command, the application opens but does not connect to the drone. The command remains in "OPTI MODUS"

Two things to try:

Do you have the cable from your phone plugged into the correct port on the remote?

Check with a different cable.

Thanks for the reply, yes I tried everything, plug in and unplug the cable, I changed the cable, I tried to connect the phone via the controller usb port, I uninstalled the DJI go4 application and reinstalled it, I also tried to load in the Drone the previous version of the program and then update it ... when I connect the phone with the controller it shows me that the phone charges the battery, then the phone / controller connection is done.
The application works, I can change between the different menus ... before, however, as soon as the drone was connected, the DJ GO4 application accessed the internet to see if the version was the current one and instead now this does not happen anymore ...
Even if I ask the application to connect to the Drone, nothing happens ... I don't understand

Have you tried with another phone?

no I don't have another phone ... I live in a somewhat isolated area and I don't have the possibility of another phone for the next few days ... but for some time it has always been fine with my samsung ...

no I don't have another phone ... I live in a somewhat isolated area and I don't have the possibility of another phone for the next few days ... but for some time it has always been fine with my samsung ...

Do you have a tablet you can check with?

Any upgrades on your phone software recently!

Reactions: zeusfl
unfortunately both on pc and tablet I have windows operating system so dji go4 doesn't work
yes, the phone did not update but it no longer worked before

Orio
I don't quite understand your situation. When you say command do you mean the RC Controller.
Are you trying to say

the dji go 4 application does not connect to the Drone.
The command (RC Controller) connects to my Mavic 2 pro, my Samsung S9 phone is connected with the cable to the command (RC Controller), the application opens but does not connect to the drone. The command (RC Controller) remains in "OPTI MODUS"​

If the above is correct then you might have to bind the (RC Controller) to the drone.
  1. Click on Go fly in the app​
  2. Click on the controller icon top row to the right to get to Remote controller Settings.​
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the Remote Controller Settings.​
  4. Click on Linking Remote Controller Click on Primary Remote Controller and the OK button (Things should start beeping)​
  5. Open the port on the opposite side to the SD card on the drone. Push the button to Link the drone to the controller.​

Ever since the last firmware update my M2 occasionally won’t connect.
For me power cycling everything and starting over seem to work.

Just to be clear: 1. Nothing is running on you Android phone, (you have not started Go4). 2. You connect the MC to the phone. You power up the MC. 2. Go4 auto launches?

There is for sure an issue with the RC connecting to the AC that has nothing to do with cables or anything else.
Three times now it would just not connect then after sometime and resetting and restarting it just connects.
I can't say with any certainty if power cycling or restarting fixes it.
Oddly it seems like if the RC is 100% charged it won't connect but don't hold me to that.

Also the range of M2 is degraded.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is for sure an issue with the RC connecting to the AC that has nothing to do with cables or anything else.
Three times now it would just not connect then after sometime and resetting and restarting it just connects.
I can't say with any certainty if power cycling or restarting fixes it.
Oddly it seems like if the RC is 100% charged it won't connect but don't hold me to that.

Also the range of M2 is degraded.
I'll try one last time.
Just to be clear:
1. Nothing is running on you Android phone, (you have not started Go4). Reboot it with no cables attached.
2. You connect the MC to the phone. You power up the MC. 2. Does Go4 auto launch?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61