DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 - cannot select mavic

archipelago

Reactions
Hello,
i just bought a mavic few days ago and for some reason i cannot connect to it with my phone. It defaults to Phantom 4 which I do not have ! :)
So i installed the older version 4.1.0 and now as soon as i connect the phone to RC it says i have an Inspire 1 and need to install old DJI GO app.. wth is going on ? :)) btw i have xiaomi redmi note 4..
already tried to delete data, cleared cache, deleted dji folders but nothing helps..

thanks for any tips guys

m.

First of all, please describe the steps you're going through to connect to your mavic, so we can identify if there's something wrong.

Are you trying to connect through the remote or through wifi?

You do need the Mavic connected and turned on for the app to detect which model.
Mine usually thinks I need a spark.
Try swiping sideways for alternatives.

i am connecting through RC..

ok here is what i do:
- turn on the RC
- turn on the mavic
- connect the phone
- start the app

in the upper left corner i can see it says dji phantom4, rc connected. when i press enter device, it says "aircraft disconneted" - which is ok, cause its a mavic and not phantom 4.. :)
of course i am not able to change the aircraft type once rc is connected.

when i select mavic in the drop down list and THEN start the RC, it again defualts back to Phantom 4 after RC is on..

i am confused..

i am connecting through RC..

ok here is what i do:
- turn on the RC
- turn on the mavic
- connect the phone
- start the app

in the upper left corner i can see it says dji phantom4, rc connected. when i press enter device, it says "aircraft disconneted" - which is ok, cause its a mavic and not phantom 4.. :)
of course i am not able to change the aircraft type once rc is connected.

when i select mavic in the drop down list and THEN start the RC, it again defualts back to Phantom 4 after RC is on..

i am confused..

Try this:

- turn on the RC
- connect the phone (airplane mode ON)
- start app
- turn on the Mavic

For me it works very well like this !

On my setup, on both of my Android I never start the app manually.

My normal procedure,

*Unlock Phone/Tab by entering Pattern Lock (Airplane Mode)
*Turn R/C ON
*Turn ON Mavic, @ this point the R/C will connect to MP.
*Once it connected, the App (GO 4) will start automatically showing the Mavic and prompting me to enter Device.

Anybody else have this automated startup?

Reactions: snakewing21
On my setup, on both of my Android I never start the app manually.

My normal procedure,

*Unlock Phone/Tab by entering Pattern Lock (Airplane Mode)
*Turn R/C ON
*Turn ON Mavic, @ this point the R/C will connect to MP.
*Once it connected, the App (GO 4) will start automatically showing the Mavic and prompting me to enter Device.

Anybody else have this automated startup?

Yes but once the Mavic is connected the phone prompts me to choose either DjiGo4 or Litchi since I use both . If I choose DjiGo4 then it automatically selects Mavic and I hit Go Fly .

Yes but once the Mavic is connected the phone prompts me to choose either DjiGo4 or Litchi since I use both . If I choose DjiGo4 then it automatically selects Mavic and I hit Go Fly .
YES! you'll have to select coz you have 2 apps, unless you setup 1 by default.

Did you try plugging a cable into the bottom USB port on the Mavic remote controller?

I have those experience too when I tried djigo4 app in Android devices. This problem will gone after you online. Make sure before install clean all Djibouti go folders on your android sdcard also cache folders in your phone

Something that stands out to me is that the button at the bottom right says "Enter Device".

This is very strange --- when a drone is not seen, the button will say 'Enter Device' and has no blue in its color. A recognized drone says 'Go Fly', and the button is blue with white text.

And yet you've got a 'hybrid' situation where it's showing 'Enter Device', but isn't fully blue, and has a blue outline.

WTF?!?

Did you try bottom usb on bottom yet?????

Is that the right Go4 app?
Looks different to mine although I am on IOS.
Did you download from the Google store and get the correct app?
i tried the app from google store and also an older version 4.1.0 from apkmirror.. None wokred. Trying to re-flash my phone, let's see what happens.. :)

after re-flashing my phone with another ROM, it seems to be working fine and it recognizes my mavic correctly.. :) thanks

I am having the same issues. On my meizu note m3 it worked few times: I installed and flew two or three times Then suddenly it does not work any more. Now again app does not recognize my mavic air. Interesting thing is that there is a list to choose, and all kind of drones except mavic air?
Did anybody found what the problem might be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22