DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Error Message Mavic Wi-Fi Network Not Available Loading Satellite Map Requires...

Agent-T

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I'm a fairly new Mavic Pro owner and need some help with my DJI Go 4 app. For the past 3 months, I've been practicing piloting around my home and an adjacent middle school soccer field/nature area with no problems. But, on my second adventure flying away from home I couldn't connect my drone to the DJI Go 4 app and received the following error "Mavic Wi-Fi Network Not Available Loading Satellite Map Requires More Cellular Data" The location had great cellular service, so I searched google and found some older information on this error. But it wasn't very informative or conclusive on what the problem actually was...and I wasn't able to fix the problem in the field. But, as soon as I returned home, everything worked fine. I do have Wi-Fi service at my home and only cellular data when away...so it that the problem? If so, then why did the app work the first time I was away from home? I'm using an iPhone 8 running iOS 11.2.6 Both my Mavic and controller are running the latest firmware and the DJI Go 4 app is version 4.2.8.

Thanks,

Tom

Same exact thing just happened to me. What gives? I am surprised no one has commented.

I think it may have something to do with the cable connection between the display and the RC. It's worked before and it worked after trying it at home, so I believe the cable itself is good.

It's not an "error" message. It's just telling you that if you are using the maps without a WiFi connection and are using your cellphone's data plan, you are going to use more data.

The problem is that the Mavic is disconnected when the message is being displayed.

I get this message when flying away from home. I use it as a warning to turn on aircraft mode and block access to/from DJI.
In reality, as said above it is a warning that you are about to use some of your cellular data to download mapping and NFZ data as you are away from any usable Wi-Fi. Your Mavic won’t use this data but the rc and iPad/smartphone will.

BossBob, I had not turned on the Airplane mode, something I often forget to do. However, as I said, with that message displayed, I could not connect to the Mavic. I have never gotten the message before, and have always been able to connect even at remote sites.

When I went home, everything worked fine, Airplane mode still off, no messages, and Mavic connected without problem.

So I am still looking for a reason why it happened. I hope to go fling today or tomorrow and will report back. BTW thanks for the reply.

I’ve just checked by turning off Wi-Fi on my iPad and get a different message. The wording is “Wi-Fi network is not available. Loading satellite map requires more cellular data”, that is with the drone turned on and connected to the rc and with the drone turned off and disconnected.
Are you sure that you have the switch on the Mavic set to RC rather than Wi-Fi? I’m not even going to try connecting my drone direct to my iPad with Wi-Fi as I only fly with joysticks.

I did check that several times in the field. That is why I keep returning to the possibility that I did not have the cable securely connected at either the display or the RC. I have not had a chance to leave my home to a flying site yet. But everything worked as expected at home.

If you’re still using the DJI supplied cables it is recommended by most of the community that you discard them and replace them with a full size usb in the bottom of the rc to whatever is needed by your mobile device. I’ve only suffered one disconnect in 17 months of flying my Mavic. There is also discussion on the order that is best for turning on devices. I currently use smartphone, rc, drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98