DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Fallback to 4.1.15

Tonye53

Reactions
The latency and pixelation issues with DJI Go 4 4.1.18 made my BT-300's unusable. I just recently purchased the BT-300's so the only option I had was to download 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with the software engineers at Epson and we finally figured out how to side load 4.1.15 onto the BT-300's. Loading 4.1.15 to my glasses has solved all the latency and pixelation issues and everything is good.

Following is the procedure to side load DJI Go 4 4.1.15 to your BT-300's. It might be a good idea to get these files even if you aren't planning on falling back to the previous version.

1. Go to Settings -> About Device -> System Updates and make sure you are on the latest firmware, you need to be on at least R1.1.0, the current version is R1.4.0 which I installed.

2. If you currently have DJI Go 4 installed then go to Settings -> Apps and uninstall DJI Go 4.

You will need 2 files, the apk file and the obb file.

3. Go to the following page to get the apk file:

Download DJI GO 4 APK 4.1.15 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

The file is named: [email protected]

4. Go to the following page and get the obb file:

main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip (64.57MB) - SendSpace.com

The file is named: main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

When you unzip the obb file it will unzip with the directories. You will want to take the apk file and the obb file and put them on your sd card. Insert the sd card into the BT-300, power up and start the MovFiler app. Go "UP" to the root directory where on the white line at the top of the screen you will see "/" showing you are in the root directory.

Tap on 'sdcard', then 'Android', there will be a data folder, if there is not an 'obb' folder then create it. (The folder names are case sensitive).

Click on the obb folder and create a folder called 'dji.go.v4'.

Go back 'UP' to the root directory. ( '/' on the white line at the top).

Tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and you should see your apk and obb file.

Hold down the cursor on the apk file and select 'Copy', then go up to the root directory ('/').

From the root directory tap 'sdcard' then tap the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap 'Paste' to put the apk file in this folder.

Go back up to the root directory ('/'), tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and hold down the cursor on the obb file, and select 'Copy', go to the root directory then tap 'sdcard' -> 'Android' -> 'obb' -> 'dji.go.v4' then paste the obb file.

Tap 'UP' 3 times to get to the '/sdcard' folder then click the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap and hold the dji apk file and then click "Install'. When the install completes, exit the MovFiler App, go to the apps screen and start DJI Go 4. It will load then it should load the resource file.

Finally, go fly!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the method,

I guess if a revised version or new version for DJI Go4 officially came out e.g 4.1.22 (soon to be released on IOS/ Android). Would you need to uninstall 4.1.15 or could both live on the BT-300 at the same time as a fall back ?

Thanks for the method,

I guess if a revised version or new version for DJI Go4 officially came out e.g 4.1.22 (soon to be released on IOS/ Android). Would you need to uninstall 4.1.15 or could both live on the BT-300 at the same time as a fall back ?

Iannes - Good question, I really don't know if they will coexist but even if you have to uninstall 4.1.15 the apk and obb files will still be there so it wouldn't be a problem reinstalling it if you needed to.

Oh my gosh- thank you for these step-by-steps Tonye53. Since my BT-300 is new, I've just installed the .18 version and am expecting to be disappointed when I go try it out- so this is extremely helpful, although I have to admit, still makes my head hurt a little even with the excellent instructions you provided ;)

Oh my gosh- thank you for these step-by-steps Tonye53. Since my BT-300 is new, I've just installed the .18 version and am expecting to be disappointed when I go try it out- so this is extremely helpful, although I have to admit, still makes my head hurt a little even with the excellent instructions you provided ;)

I hope you don't need to use it but it really isn't bad to install. I would be interested either way in hearing how 4.1.18 works for you.

I think when we have paid £700 plus for these glasses to do a specific task it is surely the duty of epson to iron out the bugs and put up an app that works and not have us going through all that hassle of so called side loading...comments welcome ...Dave

I hope you don't need to use it but it really isn't bad to install. I would be interested either way in hearing how 4.1.18 works for you.
yes, the .18 I tried today was a big fail. Pixelation was huge as was latency. I think I'm returning to B&H and will sit back for a moment- hopefully this gets resolved soon as I really want these to work out, but side-loading old version of the app to make things workable is something Epson should be jumping all over to get resolved I hope. Are they beginning to ignore this version in favor of a new one that's in development perhaps?

yes, the .18 I tried today was a big fail. Pixelation was huge as was latency. I think I'm returning to B&H and will sit back for a moment- hopefully this gets resolved soon as I really want these to work out, but side-loading old version of the app to make things workable is something Epson should be jumping all over to get resolved I hope. Are they beginning to ignore this version in favor of a new one that's in development perhaps?

I agree that this should be the top priority of Epson to correct these issues but I can tell you from talking with their software engineers I don't believe they have any idea there is a problem and that they think I was just one person who was having a problem and wanted to revert to a previous version of the DJI Go 4 app.

Reactions: godiva92
I agree that this should be the top priority of Epson to correct these issues but I can tell you from talking with their software engineers I don't believe they have any idea there is a problem and that they think I was just one person who was having a problem and wanted to revert to a previous version of the DJI Go 4 app.

I’ll give Epson a shout Monday morning (as we all should) to help give them a clue that the issue is widespread.

Reactions: DMX512
I got exactly same feeling after I spoke to them. Those guys not keen to solve our problem that’s why I don’t suggest any others to purchase Epson glasses to avoid what we are facing.

The latency and pixelation issues with DJI Go 4 4.1.18 made my BT-300's unusable. I just recently purchased the BT-300's so the only option I had was to download 4.1.18 from the Moverio App Store. I spent some time on the phone yesterday with the software engineers at Epson and we finally figured out how to side load 4.1.15 onto the BT-300's. Loading 4.1.15 to my glasses has solved all the latency and pixelation issues and everything is good.

Following is the procedure to side load DJI Go 4 4.1.15 to your BT-300's. It might be a good idea to get these files even if you aren't planning on falling back to the previous version.

1. Go to Settings -> About Device -> System Updates and make sure you are on the latest firmware, you need to be on at least R1.1.0, the current version is R1.4.0 which I installed.

2. If you currently have DJI Go 4 installed then go to Settings -> Apps and uninstall DJI Go 4.

You will need 2 files, the apk file and the obb file.

3. Go to the following page to get the apk file:

Download DJI GO 4 APK 4.1.15 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

The file is named: [email protected]

4. Go to the following page and get the obb file:

main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb.zip (64.57MB) - SendSpace.com

The file is named: main.1027412.dji.go.v4.obb

When you unzip the obb file it will unzip with the directories. You will want to take the apk file and the obb file and put them on your sd card. Insert the sd card into the BT-300, power up and start the MovFiler app. Go "UP" to the root directory where on the white line at the top of the screen you will see "/" showing you are in the root directory.

Tap on 'sdcard', then 'Android', there will be a data folder, if there is not an 'obb' folder then create it. (The folder names are case sensitive).

Click on the obb folder and create a folder called 'dji.go.v4'.

Go back 'UP' to the root directory. ( '/' on the white line at the top).

Tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and you should see your apk and obb file.

Hold down the cursor on the apk file and select 'Copy', then go up to the root directory ('/').

From the root directory tap 'sdcard' then tap the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap 'Paste' to put the apk file in this folder.

Go back up to the root directory ('/'), tap 'Storage' then 'sdcard1' and hold down the cursor on the obb file, and select 'Copy', go to the root directory then tap 'sdcard' -> 'Android' -> 'obb' -> 'dji.go.v4' then paste the obb file.

Tap 'UP' 3 times to get to the '/sdcard' folder then click the 'InstallAPK' folder. Tap and hold the dji apk file and then click "Install'. When the install completes, exit the MovFiler App, go to the apps screen and start DJI Go 4. It will load then it should load the resource file.

Finally, go fly!!

I had the same issue (1st post gang). I think in my case the problem was this:
At some point I said start DJI app when plugged into this USB device (RC) automatically. Forgot I did that. I was manually starting the DJI app too...so two copies were running and the latency was just as you describe. Hit the square and check to see how many versions you have running.

I had the same issue (1st post gang). I think in my case the problem was this:
At some point I said start DJI app when plugged into this USB device (RC) automatically. Forgot I did that. I was manually starting the DJI app too...so two copies were running and the latency was just as you describe. Hit the square and check to see how many versions you have running.

Welcome B.Lightyear! I wish it would be so easy, the 4.1.18 is a major problem that has made many Mavics unflyable with the BT-300. I always check to see nothing else is running other than the single instance of DJI GO 4. So what version of DJI Go 4 are you running? It seems to only be a problem with the Mavic or at least its worse on the Mavic.

Thanks Tonye53 ! I downloaded last night the version posted to Moverio. Some more testing today reveals that while the 8-20 second delay is definitely gone, as you mentioned I'm still seeing, slight delays and pixelation. I have a Spark too so I'll give it try and continue testing w/ Mavic. Thanks again for the welcome.

Thanks Tonye53 ! I downloaded last night the version posted to Moverio. Some more testing today reveals that while the 8-20 second delay is definitely gone, as you mentioned I'm still seeing, slight delays and pixelation. I have a Spark too so I'll give it try and continue testing w/ Mavic. Thanks again for the welcome.

Four quick 5 minute test flights - here's the crazy results that will probably get me kicked off the forum my first day:

On start up w/ BT300s and Mavic and everything freshly booted, video is badly pixelated and delays. Take off using LOS climb to 250 ft/ 200 ft distance. Delay shrinks to less than 1 second and pixelation completely clears up. This is 100% repeatable for me. So the farther away the Mavic is from the RC the better the communication (crazy, I know). This is 100% repeatable (for me anyway). FYI - I'm launching close to a building that has a metal roof.

Hope the next version has a fix, but I'll try .15.

Can't test the Spark yet - Looks I'll have to get an adapter cable.

Four quick 5 minute test flights - here's the crazy results that will probably get me kicked off the forum my first day:

On start up w/ BT300s and Mavic and everything freshly booted, video is badly pixelated and delays. Take off using LOS climb to 250 ft/ 200 ft distance. Delay shrinks to less than 1 second and pixelation completely clears up. This is 100% repeatable for me. So the farther away the Mavic is from the RC the better the communication (crazy, I know). This is 100% repeatable (for me anyway). FYI - I'm launching close to a building that has a metal roof.

Hope the next version has a fix, but I'll try .15.

Can't test the Spark yet - Looks I'll have to get an adapter cable.

With the spark you just connect the BT-300 to the Spark RC via wi-fi, no need for a OTG cable

For the latency, try going to a custom channel select a different frequency and choose the 10mghz bandwith.

Also check out on the "HD" page the data transmission rate, should be up around 20mbps

Welcome B.Lightyear! I wish it would be so easy, the 4.1.18 is a major problem that has made many Mavics unflyable with the BT-300. I always check to see nothing else is running other than the single instance of DJI GO 4. So what version of DJI Go 4 are you running? It seems to only be a problem with the Mavic or at least its worse on the Mavic.
Agree! Wish life was that easy.

Thanks guys - new to RC as well. Lots to learn...just found a setting under HD Image transmission that says "Smooth"...it helped a lot...

Thanks guys - new to RC as well. Lots to learn...just found a setting under HD Image transmission that says "Smooth"...it helped a lot...
I seriously wish your suggestion will solve the issue. I will try that out when have chance, and keep my fingers cross.

I sent a summary of the issue to Epson Moverio support today to hopefully build a case of not being an isolated incident. I'll report back if I get any kind of a response.

Reactions: godiva92
One thing to note the image transmission settings impact on the video quality your recording, so there are some trade-off in trying to reduce latency and pixelation

This was best explained by a poster on the DJI forum, who said

"Smooth mode: 720p 60fps; normal mode: 720p 30fps; HD: 1080p 30fps.

Basically these are the setting that will stream back to the tablet or phone you use if you set them. however Smooth and HD mode does not allow you to record on the mavic pro in 4K/C4K and 2.7K. because of the extra processing the mavic pro has to do to transmit the extra data to your tablet or phone.

Also normal mode gives you the best wireless range since it uses the least bandwidth (can use 10Mhz slice of 2.4Ghz spectrum), smooth mode and HD mode cut the range way down (in most situations) because they have to use more bandwidth (forced to use 20Mhz slice of the 2.4Ghz spectrum)"

Image tramission settings - Copy.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3