DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 flight location displays as Map Loading in flight records since Aug 2018

Soz

Reactions
Up until mid Aug 2018 the flight location displayed the name of the location of the flight. Since then the location displays "Map Loading". The location is stored in the record as when you enter into its details, it displays the correct map, and when imported into other apps such as AirData, the location and maps display OK.

Any ideas on how to update the Location in DJI Go 4 app?

The first flight of my Mavic Air was on June 18, 2018.

I've made 118 flights since that date.

Of those 118 flights, 107 (more than 90%) list "Map Loading" as the location, and seven (fewer than 10%) list either a location or, in two cases, "No GPS" (one of those flights was at night, though that doesn't explain the "No GPS" entry, the other was a very short test flight).

The entries that list a location are randomly distributed in the list, beginning with the very first flight in June and ending with my latest flight on November 5.

I don't see any pattern at all in the occurrence of "Map Loading". I also have no idea what "Map Loading" means. When I click on one of the flights that indicate "Map Loading", I wind up looking at a map of the proper area, and I can replay the entire flight as expected.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the experience of others, and especially looking forward to an explanation of what the heck "Map Loading" actually means.

Larry

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake