DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 issue

DroneMan_ID

Reactions
Hi all!

I know there are different discussion about DJI GO 4 app and its issue. I understand that I can't use DJI FLY to fly my MAVIC AIR, but has anyone used Litchi instead of DJI GO 4?

Didn’t know you could use Go4 with with Air ,thought you had to use fly. Out of touch I guess 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 4.43.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 4.43.46 PM.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all!

I know there are different discussion about DJI GO 4 app and its issue. I understand that I can't use DJI FLY to fly my MAVIC AIR, but has anyone used Litchi instead of DJI GO 4?
The Mavic Air is on the list of drone models that work with Litchi.
So there will be flyers who have done it.

But what's the issue with DJI Go 4 that you mentioned?

The Mavic Air is on the list of drone models that work with Litchi.
So there will be flyers who have done it.

But what's the issue with DJI Go 4 that you mentioned?
Dji go 4 won't launch!! Apparently it's been going on for months now. Check out Google play and see all the reviews

Reactions: Yaros
Dji go 4 won't launch!! Apparently it's been going on for months now. Check out Google play and see all the reviews
Google Play reviews don't mean much.
Usually they are an indication that the reviewer didn't know what they were doing.
DJI Go 4 runs just fine for me and thousands of other users.
Have you had a problem with it?

Google Play reviews don't mean much.
Usually they are an indication that the reviewer didn't know what they were doing.
DJI Go 4 runs just fine for me and thousands of other users.
Have you had a problem with it?
I have to disagree with you on Google play reviews, but that's different topic. Let me ask you this, do you have android? This issue is mainly impacted Android users. If you go to DJI websites, Samsung S20 or S21 is not listed as compatible devices. Thus, go 4 won't open on my phone and 1000 others

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: JTZ and careless
Let me ask you this, do you have android?
Yes
This issue is mainly impacted Android users. If you go to DJI websites, Samsung S20 or S21 is not listed as compatible devices. Thus, go 4 won't open on my phone and 1000 others
Now you are giving relevant information.
It's not Android that's the problem.
It's Samsung using non-standard Exynos processors on some of their latest phones.

Try contacting Litchi to ask if their app works with your phone.

And I'm sticking with what I wrote about Google reviews.
They are worthless and the DJI Go 4 app is very, very good.

Last edited:
Yes

Now you are giving relevant information.
It's not Android that's the problem.
It's Samsung using non-standard Exynos processors on some of their latest phones.

Try contacting Litchi to ask if their app works with your phone.

And I'm sticking with what I wrote about Google reviews.
They are worthless and the DJI Go 4 app is very, very good.
Wrong! No Exynos in the US:

Until now, Samsung has shipped its flagship phones with Exynos chips in all markets except the US and some other countries where it uses Snapdragon SoCs

Wrong! No Exynos in the US:

Until now, Samsung has shipped its flagship phones with Exynos chips in all markets except the US and some other countries where it uses Snapdragon SoCs

DJI Go 4 works flawlessly on my Android equipment and that of thousands of other users.
But it doesn't work on your late model Samsung phone.
Work it out for yourself.

DJI Go 4 works flawlessly on my Android equipment and that of thousands of other users.
Wrong again bro! Read my relevant information and you'll find out that I have the latest model and that's the problem. Also, if you don't have useful or relevant information to add to the discussion don't waste your time and mine.

• Wow
Reactions: JTZ
Wrong again bro! Read my relevant information and you'll find out that I have the latest model and that's the problem. Also, if you don't have useful or relevant information to add to the discussion don't waste your time and mine.
Let’s chill guys.

Reactions: JTZ
S20 with enoxy and before android12 uppdate it worked with dji4 go fine. After uppdate to android 12 , dji4 go had to be downloaded direct from djis home site to work with s20, BUT after minor update DJI4go stops work on S20 (enoxy) again.
DJI AND Samsung should TALK with each other to solve that problem permanently, instead of leaving users with unusable drone.
I will think twice before i will buy samsung or dji again.It seems the only way to "force" the gigants cooperate.

S20 with enoxy and before android12 uppdate it worked with dji4 go fine. After uppdate to android 12 , dji4 go had to be downloaded direct from djis home site to work with s20, BUT after minor update DJI4go stops work on S20 (enoxy) again.
DJI AND Samsung should TALK with each other to solve that problem permanently, instead of leaving users with unusable drone.
I will think twice before i will buy samsung or dji again.It seems the only way to "force" the gigants cooperate.
DJI, Samsung, and Google (Android) ALL need to coordinate.

It's not just Samsung, although as one of the the most popular brands of Android phone there are a lot of Samsung users reporting the issue, as Google Pixel 4, 5, and 6 users, as well as some other brands, are reporting similar following the release of Android 12, so multiple CPU and GPU models have the issue. Litchi was also apparently broken on Android 12 and were suggesting that they were awaiting a DJI SDK update before they'd be able to fix it. That doesn't preclude a CPU (or GPU) issue being the root cause, but Litchi's position does seem to imply that it's more down to DJI to fix than Samsung or Google, especially since it's their app and they have acknowledged that there is an issue. I also find it telling that Autel and Skydio users don't seem to be be reporting any similar issues on the same models of phones/tablets.

FWIW, Go4 actually *does* work with Android 12 on the affected devices as long as you don't connect to the RC, but as soon as you do that, it crashes back to the Android "desktop". To me, that implies either a general comms issue of some kind or a more specific problem with displaying the video feed from the drone, but probably the latter given some users have reported things working but with no live video. YMMV as to what that might mean in terms of who is responsible for the problem and/or providing a fix.

Apparently, the latest releases of Litchi and Fly (sideloaded from DJI, who released it as a general release for Android 12 issues, not Google or Samsung specific) are now supposedly working on most of the devices concerned, but there's still no news on whether DJI will be releasing another update of Go4. Given the almost complete radio silence on the matter of a Go4 update from DJI, I suspect the answer is "We've stopped supporting Go4 so won't be fixing it" and the lack of any clear response is down to that Asian cultural thing of not liking to give a negative answer to a question. Then again, DJI flat out said late last year that they are not likely to be supporting *Fly* on the Pixel 6 Pro anytime soon and would allow a user to return their Mavic3 as a result, so not much reluctance to say "no" there!

I get DJI has issues with US sanctions right now, and that's probably not helping matters when it comes to interacting with a US company like Google (not sure about Samsung as they're South Korean) but, equally, I don't really care what the underlying issue is, or whose hardware/software is at fault. Like most users experiencing the issue, I just want to know what (if anything) DJI/Samsung/Google/whoever intend to do about it so I know where I stand and what my long term options are. About the only think I know for sure at the moment is that the longer DJI keeps people in the dark about what is being done to fix their broken app (even if the fault is with the underlying hardware/OS), the longer and harder I'm going to be looking at other brands when get a new drone.

You have to delete the app, then reinstall from the dji website directly...playstore download does not work.

I'm one of those that that have a Mavic Pro and a Samsung Galaxy S21. The S21 worked for about a year and then Samsung had an update. The first time that happened, I asked the question about (picking my words here) what happened??! Someone pointed me to the DJI site to download Go 4. All was well. Another Update and I was dead again--something like there was a problem. Clear your cache and then it would go back to the home (phone) screen. I finally bought Litchi. Litchi seems okay, but recently I got out about 1800 ft and the phone displayed Disconnected. No warning, like the display freezing, unfreezing, freezing. I managed to use the Distance on the controller to get it headed back to me. That was a nail-biting experience. I saw the Distance go down until it said about 1000 feet then it started to go back up (further away). I gave a nudge on the stick to get it to rotate a random amount then tried again. Thankfully, it came very close to where I was. I managed to land it from there. During that time, I tried rebooting my phone, but it wouldn't reconnect. Maybe it was lucky that I didn't try to reboot the controller because it might have not allowed me to control it all. Anyway, it the future, I plan to close any programs and try to have a full charge before I use Litchi.

You have to delete the app, then reinstall from the dji website directly...playstore download does not work.

For Fly, maybe, as DJI finally released an update a few weeks ago for which I've seen several posts saying is working for them. With Go4 using a clean install of the latest DJI.com sourced release only seems to work in a *very* limited number of cases, and even then it seems very fragile with reports of success often followed up with "and now it's broken again". Uninstalling the app first, manually flushing the cache, and other fixes/workarounds also seem to be mostly ineffective - as I'm pretty sure I've tried them all at least two or three times at this point.

My own experimentation and research points to this being something quite fundamental with the way DJI has been interfacing with the latest version(s) of Android and possibly only apparent with certain hardware (CPU, GPU, I/O controller, etc.) as well. That could be any of a number of things; maybe Google changed the API on them, maybe it's something on some of the newest ARM SoC architectures, maybe they did something sketchy that Android 13 now prevents... Whatever the root cause, DJI appear to know what the problem is, because Fly is supposedly fixed, Litchi was waiting on an SDK update which, now that DJI has shipped it, seems to have fixed their issues too. That almost certainly means we need an update of Go4 to properly fix it, and the version on DJI.com, 4.3.46, is still the one from last year, so it's not there yet, and no talk of an ETA or beta I've seen yet either.

Now that Fly and the SDK both appear to be fixed (and I totally get they'd want to prioritise fixing their current app), then maybe we'll get an update of Go4 as well, but I'm certainly not counting on it. At this point though, even if they do update it, I suspect for some of the users that have experienced issues the damage is already done.

FYI, some users are reporting an App update to v4.3.50 for both iOS and (further down) Android. This does not seem to be on DJI Support/Download page yet, but hopefully will be posted soon and with a little luck fix the issues many of us are having with our newer phones!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929