DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 new version adds Quickshot

I think perhaps it is the Dronie, Spiral Helix and Rocket shot modes that are available on the spark.

Update also adds Dynamic homepoint that creeps along with the aircraft (not the remote).

Reactions: Kilrah
Not tried yet but it sounds great !
1a5f94d09fc3dd1fe40a98a7a4a1e1de.jpg

What's the purpose of Dynamic Home Point? What could be its use cases?

You have the ability to change your HP after take Off on the fly.

I think perhaps it is the Dronie, Spiral Helix and Rocket shot modes that are available on the spark.

Update also adds Dynamic homepoint that creeps along with the aircraft (not the remote).

And what are those???

What's the purpose of Dynamic Home Point? What could be its use cases?

Another good example would be using in Active Track. You are running, riding a bike, in a vehicle and cover some good distance. You lose connection and the Mavic would do two things... usually RTH, which could mean it starts to fly off miles away or starts landing where somewhere... where ever it lost signal. Dynamic HP means at least it flis toward that last known location of the controller.

Dynamic HP means at least it flis toward that last known location of the controller.

Oh I can see it now, instead of flying back to somewhere that I pre planned as the RTH that is clear of trees, power lines, etc. It is just going to pick some random place that it "thinks" is a good spot. Worse than that, I use my Mavic when I am kayaking. I launch from the kayak and recover from the kayak. So if it picks somewhere to RTH other than where my controller is, then the Mavic becomes a submarine.

Another good example would be using in Active Track. You are running, riding a bike, in a vehicle and cover some good distance. You lose connection and the Mavic would do two things... usually RTH, which could mean it starts to fly off miles away or starts landing where somewhere... where ever it lost signal. Dynamic HP means at least it flis toward that last known location of the controller.

mainly in WIFI mode. This is perfect update for SPARK, but too for MAVIC.

If you use WIFI mode (spark or mavic), when you reach 100m (spark) or 80m (mavic) from START POINT (home point), drone stops¡¡¡ (virtual wall), even you have it at 10m over, and perfect wifi signal in your phone. Then you must, manually, update home point, and then you can get other 100 or 80m more.

In this way, you can use your WIFI device (only) and use ACTIVE TRACK without limit (no 100m or 80m limit)

Regards

Reactions: Timbooo
Another good example would be using in Active Track. You are running, riding a bike, in a vehicle and cover some good distance. You lose connection and the Mavic would do two things... usually RTH, which could mean it starts to fly off miles away or starts landing where somewhere... where ever it lost signal. Dynamic HP means at least it flies toward that last known location of the controller.
To clarify - In this particular Dynamic HP implementation, it is the aircraft current position that is periodically set as the home point, not the controller (mobile device) location. This is an important distinction to note, so as not to get caught out. Whereas Litchi does it in the manner you described based on the mobile device location fed to the controller. Both implementations have their pitfalls.

To clarify - In this particular Dynamic HP implementation, it is the aircraft current position that is periodically set as the home point, not the controller (mobile device) location. This is an important distinction to note, so as not to get caught out. Whereas Litchi does it in the manner you described based on the mobile device location fed to the controller. Both implementations have their pitfalls.

I'm trying to imagine a scenario where this makes sense? Why would I ever want the Aircraft to set a new home point while flying? Maybe when you fly, land and then move your setup? Just strange.

Reactions: JMF
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where this makes sense? Why would I ever want the Aircraft to set a new home point while flying? Maybe when you fly, land and then move your setup? Just strange.
It makes sense to me when I intend to move along with the aircraft throughout the flight and complete a mission landing at a location distant from where I took off. I might walk for a couple of kms through the countryside and as the Mavic flight progresses alongside. In this scenario if a RTH occurs I do not want it to fly all the way back to the remote location where I took off from. Hopefully this dynamic HP update option also includes the standard "HP has been updated, PLS check it on the map" message. In this way I will know it has updated and satisfy myself I am happy with the new HP.

Another scenario might be when one intends to fly downwind, progressing along with aircraft and land at a different location. After 20 minutes of downwind flight if a low battery RTH triggered the aircraft may not be able to make it to HP to windward.

Further a dynamically updated HP can increase useful flight time when you are travelling along with the aircraft, because low battery RTH will not trigger so soon. The newly updated dynamic homepoint will be near the aircraft requiring little battery as compared to afar way back at the take off point.

Having said this my personal preference would be to have the dynamic HP updating to me at the RC and not the aircraft. But it is optional and better than nothing to have it set to AC.

I tested Quickshot a few times today...works great. Though I could certainly do this type of flying - it's nice to just hit a button. It did really well even in strong wind gusts today. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me hit the record button at all, no matter what I did. Would have me stop recording before I even go into Quickshot mode too. So I thought maybe it was automatically recording - maybe? No such luck. Hopefully it's the firmware update that's coming that will complete this? Not sure.

Reactions: motopa
I may be missing something here, but updating the home point to the *aircraft* location seems useless to me. It seems very similar to hover, except that the home location is some unknown previous location of the aircraft where there may or may not be a good landing location. I can't see that as ever being the right thing to do. Hopefully I'm misunderstanding.

Reactions: WAXMAN and sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143