DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 on Android 12 - Galaxy S22 Ultra

chetroni

Reactions
Hello,
Is there any solution for S22 Ultra to work with DJI Go 4 app?
The app from Play Store does not work, the apk from the dji website does not work (4.3.46).
The app starts, it syncs my account in the app, but after pressing the FLY button it crashes, I don't see the drone camera image on the phone.
Does anyone have any solution?

Had the same issue with my S22+. I did the following, which worked for me:
  • Uninstalled the app I had installed from the Play Store (v.4.3.37, which dates to Sep 2020 according to my old phone) that was crashing on the load screen. This may be a necessary step you missed?
  • Set Chrome to allow sideloading (Settings, Biometrics & Security, Install Unknown Apps)
  • Downloaded the .apk from DJI's site (v4.3.46) using Chrome
  • Launched the .apk using "My Files" and installed it
  • Tried to connect to my M2P. For me this worked and I can now connect to the drone and fly it without issue. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe there is another issue with the Ultra due to it's larger screen res., or something? If so, then hopefully v.4.3.47 is imminent and will fix it for you.
  • For good measure, I then disabled sideloading in Chrome again.
I'm guessing all this inconvenience (nine releases over 18 months, presumably) is a consequence of US sanctions against China and/or DJI, since the timing lines up. If so, seems like it's unintentionally hurting the consumer more than the intended target, unless the idea was to try and trash DJI's reputation through bad user experiences?

Nah, politicians are not that smart.

Had the same issue with my S22+. I did the following, which worked for me:
  • Uninstalled the app I had installed from the Play Store (v.4.3.37, which dates to Sep 2020 according to my old phone) that was crashing on the load screen. This may be a necessary step you missed?
  • Set Chrome to allow sideloading (Settings, Biometrics & Security, Install Unknown Apps)
  • Downloaded the .apk from DJI's site (v4.3.46) using Chrome
  • Launched the .apk using "My Files" and installed it
  • Tried to connect to my M2P. For me this worked and I can now connect to the drone and fly it without issue. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe there is another issue with the Ultra due to it's larger screen res., or something? If so, then hopefully v.4.3.47 is imminent and will fix it for you.
  • For good measure, I then disabled sideloading in Chrome again.
I'm guessing all this inconvenience (nine releases over 18 months, presumably) is a consequence of US sanctions against China and/or DJI, since the timing lines up. If so, seems like it's unintentionally hurting the consumer more than the intended target, unless the idea was to try and trash DJI's reputation through bad user experiences?

Nah, politicians are not that smart.
Hello and thanks for your reply.
Sadly, I did all that and the app does not work, I have to wait maybe for an update for the app :(
I'm verry sad about dji support.

This is what's stated in the Litchi app description on Google Play ...

1649233108770.png
That they mention SDK suggests that this incompatibility affects other apps also ... like GO4.

And as all GO4 app using drones now are discontinued I wouldn't expect a quick solution with a new GO4 release ... version 4.3.46 came in the end of September last year, then nothing.

Reactions: chetroni

View attachment 146353
That they mention SDK suggests that this incompatibility affects other apps also ... like GO4.

And as all GO4 app using drones now are discontinued I wouldn't expect a quick solution with a new GO4 release ... version 4.3.46 came in the end of September last year, then nothing.
Thanks for your reply.
You made me sad :)

View attachment 146353

I'm in Europe, so presumably have an Exynos CPU version of the phone, yet it's working for me and others posting about the issue when I went hunting for a fix to the Play Store version. That might suggest the problem is more subtle and whatever DJI did with Go4 could actually fix Litchi without an SDK update, or it's something that broke in the SDK between the last Go4 release and now.

A bit of a mess, but such is life on the bleeding edge of tech, sadly. Hopefully fixes or workarounds will be forthcoming for those currently without a solution soon!

Reactions: slup
I'm not really expecting there to be at this point, but I guess there's still a slim chance. DJI Go has now been replaced by DJI Fly, so unless there's a lot of people complaining about it on DJI's own forums they're probably not going to be doing any more updates beyond 4.3.36. I'd definitely add your issue to the pile, if you haven't done so already.

Realistically, that all means either finding another control app that *will* work with the latest phones (many of which also seem to be having issues), getting an older phone secondhand to use as a semi-dedicated controller (which sucks), getting a compatible Smart Controller (which *really* sucks), or upgrading your perfectly functional drone (which *REALLY* sucks). None of those are ideal, especially on a $1k+ item of hardware that was announced less that four years ago, and I dare say it's going to cost DJI some sales, although whether it's enough for them to care about is another matter entirely.

Reactions: chetroni
... I'd definitely add your issue to the pile, if you haven't done so already...
What does this mean?

I posted the question on DJI forum already. No helping info yet.
I use for now an old Galaxy S7, but it has a different charging port (microUSB vs USB-C), I foregt to charge it :), it does not have a mobile SIM fot the data and I have to make a hotspot from my S22 Ultra...

What does this mean?

I posted the question on DJI forum already. No helping info yet.
I use for now an old Galaxy S7, but it has a different charging port (microUSB vs USB-C), I foregt to charge it :), it does not have a mobile SIM fot the data and I have to make a hotspot from my S22 Ultra...
Just to make sure that DJI are aware that you have an issue, which you've done. I wouldn't expect a direct response, but if they're monitoring their forums and can see that enough people are having problems then they might do something about it and update the app to fix whatever is broken with newer phones.

If you're using an old phone then it doesn't need a SIM *or* Internet access for DJI Go to work (including RTH), although Internet can be helpful for some of the notifications or any other apps you may have installed. I've got an old SIM-less S7 Edge I use like this in more extreme conditions, and all external comms are off by default. Being charged is kind of important though. ;)

Re. the difference of cable connectors; you might want to look into magnetic connectors. These have a little "stub" that permanently goes in the port, then the cable attaches magnetically to that. Only snag is that shorter cable lengths you'd want for an RC-phone connection can be quite hard to find, but they are out there, including with 90deg heads for the RC end.

I sent a note to DJI Support on this and got the following response today:

Thanks for contacting DJI Support.
We are sorry to hear about your experience.

In regard to this issue, may I confirm whether your DJI Go 4 App is downloaded from the Google Playstore? If it is, kindly note that the Google Play store has discontinued the download and update for all the latest DJI apps due to the compatibility strategy.

Please click this link to download the latest DJI Go 4 App on our official website, which already Supported Android 12: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

DJI GO: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-3

Note: Please enable the "install apps from unknown sources" feature on your phone. Phone Setting - Apps - click the three dots in the upper right corner of the APPs page, select "Special access" - find and choose "Install unknown apps" in the "Special access" page, click to select one of the Sources, such as Chrome, or your phone's built-in browser, click to enable "Allow from this source".

If the APP prompts ''app has a bug'', please turn off the network of your phone, skip the login step, then close the APP completely. Enable the network, launch the APP again to see whether the issue can be solved.

I hope this can help.

Thanks for your understanding and support of DJI. I will much appreciate it if you can give us feedback.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to get back to us and we are always here to help.

Thanks for your understanding and support of DJI.
Have a nice day!

I replied that I thought it might be a good idea for them to pull the apps from Google play if they aren't going to work.

S22 ultra snapdragon android 12 fixed app not working with go 4 app version 4.3.48.So far so good.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser