DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 problems in iPhone by defective DJI SDK for IOS - DJI BUG BOUNTY PROGRAM IGNORED ME

curso88

Reactions
Hi

I have sent several reports to DJI, indicating serious bugs that cause the following problems, but my complaints and reports have been ignored.

In IOS 10 and 11

BUG 1- Lost video signal in mid-flight with RTH

I have tested with 3 different Mavic Pro and two iPhone 7 Plus and one iPhone 6 Plus random loss video signal that causes RTH. I observed that in my house I could try numerous days, the Mavic on without any signal loss, but when I was going to fly in the field, in some places I had this problem. I have been able to test this problem with 3 different Mavic with the last firmware in the units, and 3 Apple iPhone smartphones and 2 Android smartphones. When I used iPhones I had the video losses (Apple iPhone 6S Plus, and two iPhone 7 Plus with IOS 11)

When I used Android smartphones I have not had any problem. I used the latest version of the DJI GO 4 application available on the 5 smartphones and the latest firmware available in Mavic Pro (v01.03.1000 and v03.04.0000)

I have to say that I have also tried different original DJI and Apple cables in the lower USB port of the RC.

¿WHAT CAUSES THIS PROBLEM?

After many tests for many weeks, I have finally reproduced the problem in my house, and find out exactly the cause.
Video loss occurs in the following situations:

When you are in a place and the connection of mobile data of the smartphone changes of band (LTE / 4G to 3G, 3G to EDGE, GPRS to EDGE, etc.) the DJI GO application loses the video signal by displaying this screen and the aircraft initiates the RTH process:
050d3464ea5c1448b402f01d197069d7.jpg

If you have Sleep mode enabled on the iPhone, the app will lose the video when you receive an SMS or an incoming call.

right now the only way to avoid this problem is to put the iPhone in Airplane mode, but you lose the function of transmitting live video on different platforms like Facebok, Youtube, etc. You also lose the function of the maps and iphone GPS precision because it is GPS assisted by phone towers and WiFi hotspots.

In IOS 11

In IOS 11 you have too the Bug 1, and the Bug 2:

Bug 2- ( tests done with the same methodology and equipment)
If you start the DJI GO 4 app and minimize it, or close it, the smartphone is disconnected from the remote. When you open the app again, the status bar of the app will show in gray DISCONECTED. The only way to recover the connection with the remote control is to disconnect the cable and connect it again.

THESE PROBLEMS AFFECT ALL THE THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMED WITH THE LAST DJI SDK FOR IOS PROVIDED BY DJI TO DEVELOPERS AS LICHI, HANGAR 360, ALTIZURE, ETC...

I am a founder of the DJI drone user community in Spain, and I have seen many cases of people who have crashed their drones pir these video losses.

I want to make public this problem and the cause, because I have sent these reports to the official DJI program “Bug Bounty’ Rewards For Reporting Software Issues” the last September 24th

DJI To Offer “Bug Bounty” Rewards For Reporting Software Issues

DJI's response to these reports was the following text:

“...Thank you for submitting your bug report. The email address [email protected] handles security issues. We are sorry to inform you that the issue you reported is not a security issue.
Please submit your bug report to DJI 技术支持, we will contact you afterwards. Thank you for your support ...”

Apparently the response that DJI gave me by email, I wanted to indicate that the Bug Bountry program only is for security data bugs, but THIS IS NOT TRUE, either of you, can check in the previous link, for this reason I replied to DJI the following text, but I have not had any answer

Dear Sir

I think you are wrong, please, see this DJI Report:

"..The program is also seeking issues that may cause app crashes or affect flight safety, such as DJI’s geofencing restrictions, flight altitude limits and power warnings…”

90c8f7d3791b40fbbba65f98d1c63cf5.jpg

I'm outraged because I'm tired of seeing my DJI Drones get worse with every update with new problems and because DJI does not keep the promises it makes.

Hi

If you start the DJI GO 4 app and minimize it, or close it, the smartphone is disconnected from the remote. When you open the app again, the status bar of the app will show in gray DISCONECTED. The only way to recover the connection with the remote control is to disconnect the cable and connect it again.

I've found this to be a major pain, the GO app for my P3A didn't do this

Thank you for posting this as the problems you are experiencing are exactly the same as what I am experiencing. I just received my brand new Mavic Pro Platinum and it too had the same issue on it's maiden flight. I previously experienced this mid flight with my work Mavic Pro and had to quickly switch back to the Crystal Sky to finish the mission. I was able to get video back mid-flight today with the MPP by unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in. I too thought of going to Airplane Mode but then I lose some of the features I want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121