DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 vs. Litchi as the default?

nathan949374

Reactions
Has anyone figured out how to stop either program from designating itself the default on Android? I tell it OK, it defaults. I tell it cancel, it defaults. Why does it ask if its going to set itself as default anyway? Having to go into apps to clear the defaults when switching DJI camera settings every time getting very tiring. I spend half to three quarters of my time fiddling with this. Please help?

BTW I did search this topic but came up empty. TIA...;)

Mavic AIr (1)
Samsung Tab A

Has anyone figured out how to stop either program from designating itself the default on Android? I tell it OK, it defaults. I tell it cancel, it defaults. Why does it ask if its going to set itself as default anyway? Having to go into apps to clear the defaults when switching DJI camera settings every time getting very tiring. I spend half to three quarters of my time fiddling with this. Please help?
You can have a default app that opens automatically or you can clear the defaults and be given a choice of which app you would like to open.
Litchi Help file explains how to clear defaults.

If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device
(Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults).
Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)

I use DJIGO, Dronedeploy, and Litchi and cycle them all the time. DJIGO is my default but all that does is auto launch when the phone connects. I close out each app when I'm done and load the next, popup doesn't come up and all apps work, they just have to be closed and only 1 open at a time.

Android version likely matters, I'm on Android v9.

If your "Task Manager" shows more than one that's your problem.
20200730_212700.jpg

If you clear defaults as explained in Post #2, you get this screen when you power on the drone and get the option to choose which app to start up.
i-zfngQgB-M.jpg

If you accidentally select Always, you've reset a default app to open whenever you connect to the drone.

I have to clear the default EVERY TIME I switch apps. I makes no difference which way I enter. I never say "always". If I don't clear the default, the second app won't connect even if I've closed the first app.

Nah it is a pain in azz, with my Samsung S8, but I'm strictly ios

The problem is it is the Samsung UI. Other androids work as described by not remembering defaults.

Ya, seems Samsung will NOT BE my next tablet
I've got a Galaxy Tab S2 and having the same issue and getting very frustrated.
Like you've said, Clear Defaults, connect to remote, it prompts for which app to use, and NOT setting a default app still makes automatically lock in that USB device, maybe not as default, but until the tablet is rebooted. If you open DJIGo first to unlock a fly zone for instance, and then exit out, Litchi will not connect. If you unplug and replug, DJI automatically launches.

Did you ever figure this out or try another tablet? I really need DJIGo to be able to unlock a NFZ, and switch apps and let Litchi do it's waypoints!

Both my Samsung tablets, Tab E and S3, always prompt me what app I want to use, with "just once" or "always". If I select always, then it's the default.

Tab E was a disaster even with Go3 for my P3. Something in the Samsung OS for that one would block the USB from being properly detected unless I had it connected during tablet reboot. Then maybe it would prompt and pass over the USB to the app.

No issues like that with the Tab S3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb