DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go: "Aircraft settings updated to comply with national regulations"

FredzMaxxUAV

Reactions
Flew my Mavic for the first time in another country. This came up before flying, never ever seen this.
It's unclear what this does exactly, does anyone know? I could still fly as high as I wanted. Didn't do a distance test though...
Would this mean RX/TX power is reduced?
GEO was off.

CVu0Clk.jpg

Flew my Mavic for the first time in another country. This came up before flying, never ever seen this.
It's unclear what this does exactly, does anyone know? I could still fly as high as I wanted. Didn't do a distance test though...
Would this mean RX/TX power is reduced?
GEO was off.

CVu0Clk.jpg
Probably EIRP power altered for geographic location.
What country did you go from/to?

Probably EIRP power altered for geographic location.
What country did you go from/to?
I was in Belgium at the time. Flew there many times before, but not with the Mavic (neighboring countries don't give this warning at all, not even with the Mavic). And I always try to use older DJI Go versions (where no GEO at all is present), but for the Mavic that's of course impossible.
Still, it's odd, even with GEO off. What EIRP would they then use? Any guesses?

I sent an e-mail to DJI. I'm sure the answer will be hilarious as usual :)

Last edited:
Setting in the app.

Reactions: Jubz
I was in Belgium at the time. Flew there many times before, but not with the Mavic (neighboring countries don't give this warning at all, not even with the Mavic). And I always try to use older DJI Go versions (where no GEO at all is present), but for the Mavic that's of course impossible.
Still, it's odd, even with GEO off. What EIRP would they then use? Any guesses?

I sent an e-mail to DJI. I'm sure the answer will be hilarious as usual :)
Most European countries are limited to 100mW/20dbm for fixed antenna 2.4ghz transmitting devices.
The USA (under FCC) allows for higher output up to 1w/1000mw/30dbm (from memory)

As said before by The Editor there is a max W output when flying outdoors, you are allowed to use higher output when flying indoor but then you probably won't need it.

OT: In Belgium there are for the moment 3 classes of drones allowed.

• class 3: < 1kg TOW (So Mavic but not Phantom) Free in private space and up to 10m height.
  • class 2: < 5kg TOW You need a license and 45m max.height and you can not fly in controlled airspace. Only LOS, no FPV!
  • class 1: < 150kg TOW You need a license and can fly a nuclear powered drone (I'm not kiddin', it is in the law!)
There are also laws about privacy when using a camera on your drone.

Exceptions are made for model plane airfields, but in most clubs you have to be a member and have an insurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60