DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go / Android 7.1 Issue

CivEngPE

Reactions
I posted this on the DJI Forum, but thought I might get a wider audience here.

I just completed the firmware update and noticed an issue with my Google Pixel XL running Android 7.1 and the DJIGo App. Because the home button autohides, it reappears every time I try to access any of the functions on the left side of the screen. Has anyone figured out a work around or way to disable this behavior?

Sorry for the shaky cam video and thanks for the help.

Maybe don't have the Home Button on your phone AutoHide. If that's an option.

Any solution/workaround to this guys?

Looking to grab an XL soon.

Thanks.

It has really been a non issue in operation.
Thanks!

Two more quick questions please;
Does the Pixel XL draw any power from the Controller via USB-C?
What sort of battery life do you see on the phone and Controller when flying?

I know that micro-USB android phones do draw power which has a huge impact on the Controller's battery, at least from my experience.

Thanks!

Two more quick questions please;
Does the Pixel XL draw any power from the Controller via USB-C?
What sort of battery life do you see on the phone and Controller when flying?

I know that micro-USB android phones do draw power which has a huge impact on the Controller's battery, at least from my experience.

It does draw some power, but it does not appear to cause any issues with the controller battery life. The controller is still at about 60% after I fly 3 batteries. The battery of the Pixel doesn't appear to even go down at all during this time frame.

If you do go with a Pixel, there is one thing you need to be aware of. When I first got the Mavic I could not get my phone to connect. I tried everything including rebooting the phone. It turns out the Pixel was defaulting to charging only when it detects the USB-C connection from the controller. All you need to do is swipe down from the top of the screen (or the fingerprint sensor) to pull up the notifications bar. Then tap the USB and select data (I forget the exact verbiage). It takes all of 2 seconds.

My opinion is the Pixel XL is a perfect companion to the Mavic.

It does draw some power, but it does not appear to cause any issues with the controller battery life. The controller is still at about 60% after I fly 3 batteries. The battery of the Pixel doesn't appear to even go down at all during this time frame.

If you do go with a Pixel, there is one thing you need to be aware of. When I first got the Mavic I could not get my phone to connect. I tried everything including rebooting the phone. It turns out the Pixel was defaulting to charging only when it detects the USB-C connection from the controller. All you need to do is swipe down from the top of the screen (or the fingerprint sensor) to pull up the notifications bar. Then tap the USB and select data (I forget the exact verbiage). It takes all of 2 seconds.

My opinion is the Pixel XL is a perfect companion to the Mavic.

Thanks for the reply! 60% after 3 batteries is really good.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo