DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go app disconnected

Rbeebe10

Reactions
I was out flying today and only about 20' high and my mavic disconnected. It seemed like the Rc was connected but my dji go app said disconnected. The mavic went into RTH mode, but I was wondering what would cause this or is there anything I could do to reconnect???

We seem to be hearing about more and more of these events.

What screen and firmware?

I was out flying today and only about 20' high and my mavic disconnected. It seemed like the Rc was connected but my dji go app said disconnected. The mavic went into RTH mode, but I was wondering what would cause this or is there anything I could do to reconnect???

Wouldn't think that the app crashing would cause RTH. only the controller disconnecting.

I had the same issue today. Flew for 17 minutes no problems then changed location and the app would not connect. Then it connected for a minute or so then it disconnected again. I could fly no problem just didn't have any visual at all. Now I am back home and connected everything , visual from the app and then boom disconnected. This is very frustrating. Any suggestions to how I can fix this problem. Thank you

Reactions: South_Paw_19
If you are using an Android device, I personally was never able to solve the disconnect problem, after 3 months of research, so purchased iPad and have had no disconnect since.

I have iOS and the last firmware update I downloaded caused mine to disconnect also in which I lost my Mavic and it crashed. After per DJI stating it went into rth and had an in flight collision although I was flying over the tops of trees and my rth altitude setting was higher than that. Of course DJI stated it was my fault. But now they fixed the problem I had in the new DJI go update. Imagine that!! The new firmware if you downloaded it is the problem.

I have iOS and the last firmware update I downloaded caused mine to disconnect also in which I lost my Mavic and it crashed. After per DJI stating it went into rth and had an in flight collision although I was flying over the tops of trees and my rth altitude setting was higher than that. Of course DJI stated it was my fault. But now they fixed the problem I had in the new DJI go update. Imagine that!! The new firmware if you downloaded it is the problem.
Sorry to hear that Gary,
Was this with yesterday's update or one prior

I have not updated the new one for the DJI go. What exactly does the new update do? And is this better or worst for us pilots with this new update?

Reactions: dkpilot
I am still on .400 have no plans on updating. I moved to .600 once and had disconnect mavic started flying away, got lucky it stopped then landed right where it was , about 2 feet away from my shop I never reconnected until a power cycle. scared the crap out of me!!!
All this was with Android device,so not sure if update or Android caused it but went back to.400 and bought iPad no problems since ( knock on wood)

Glad you saved it. Cause I lost mine and want to go back to the .400 an you tell me how to go back and have the .400. Thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe DJI took it down. Try DJI assist 2.
Or someone on this forum locked it for others to go back . Just have to find him

I have an iPhone 6 and finally found out what the problem was. My iPhone kept disconnecting from the controller because the actual lightning hardware inside the iphone is junk. I've used several new cables and kept getting a bad connection. Look for the lightning bolt sign on your DJI App to make sure the controller is even connected before you click on connect device. Several times it showed that it was connected and when I slightly moved the phone and it disconnect again. Time for a new phone I guess.

I had 2 "app disconnected" experiences in 120 flights.
Both times I recovered using the RC.
In my opinion the guilty was the saturation of 2 gigabytes of the app video cache.
What do you think?

To answer one of the initial questions, I've found that pulling the connecting cable from the left side of the control (the port used for charging the remote) and then reconnecting will temporarily restore the connection.

I've had this issue since the first day flying (3 days ago) and found no consistent remedy aside from using the full sized USB port on the bottom of the controller. This has worked well for me, but I'm less than pleased as it results in having a cable sticking into my palm making the experience far less than optimal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji