DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO not supported as of February 2017?

Visionory

Reactions
Got the same problem for my Mavic as below, anyone has any idea about the app? That the 3.0.1 works well with Google Map, but waas told to use DJI Go 4 for Mavic, however 4 isn't quite stable yet.

Also some more comment here, and there's been a precentage of users that met the problem
DJI GO not supported as of February 2017?

Correct. DJI GO is not supported beginning February for Mavic. I find it odd since some features like live streaming are not fully working yet in GO 4, but are working in GO just fine.

Still using GO on all my devices here. The iPad Air I use for mapping and surveying (mostly) is still iOS 9-something and with very, very old GO version and Tx/AC FW too. Unbelievably stable and reliable, zero issues. The iPhone and iPad Mini4 I had to update since I use those for Mavic and Osmo too, but everything is still working fine.

Still using GO on all my devices here. The iPad Air I use for mapping and surveying (mostly) is still iOS 9-something and with very, very old GO version and Tx/AC FW too. Unbelievably stable and reliable, zero issues. The iPhone and iPad Mini4 I had to update since I use those for Mavic and Osmo too, but everything is still working fine.
Well it's not february yet so... :p

I'm lost here, does this mean GO 4 will not work come Feb? Where is this information coming from, Apple???

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm lost here, does this mean GO 4 will not work come Feb? Where is this information coming from, Apple???

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

GO4 is the replacement of the older GO app. They are saying DJI is cutting or dropping the GO app and only using the GO4 app from Feb on.

Other apps like litchi are 3rd party and not effected. If your on Go4 you good to "go". lol

How will this be implemented? If I'm on an older firmware and using DJI Go how are they going to make my Mavic only work with Go 4? I tried Go 4 but hated the new focusing system (continuous auto focus). Had just gotten used to tap to focus after all these years with a fixed focus camera under my birds!

If they continue previous policy, the old GO software should work just fine and continue to do so. You just won't get improvements or new software tweaks. They will only add those to GO4 for the Mavic.

However, they could disable it if they really wanted to.

BTW - the only reason I think there could be a hint of disabling the old version is because of their new partnership with HERE maps, and not Google maps. Perhaps they dont have a license agreement for Google maps to continue forward or something. Just guessing though.

If they continue previous policy, the old GO software should work just fine and continue to do so. You just won't get improvements or new software tweaks. They will only add those to GO4 for the Mavic.

I agree they probley wont kill it, they just won't help you, answer your support tickets, problems, issues or anything else you have with it and they won't update it to add anything newer.

Well it's not february yet so... :p

LOL true, but I believe it'll keep working as it is installed, at least with my Air and P3P. DJI just won't allow download or release updates anymore, right?

Reactions: f3honda4me

BTW - the only reason I think there could be a hint of disabling the old version is because of their new partnership with HERE maps, and not Google maps. Perhaps they dont have a license agreement for Google maps to continue forward or something. Just guessing though.

What would people with the Inspire 1 or OSMO 0r Phantom 3 use if they disabled it?

Jack

LOL true, but I believe it'll keep working as it is installed, at least with my Air and P3P. DJI just won't allow download or release updates anymore, right?
DJI will keep the older version of Go up for download for a while.
There are still many pilots that have earlier models of aircraft that are still under warranty. They just announced the cancellation of the origional P4 which is still being sold by some dealers last week. Go 4.0 still does not support that aircraft. DJI will also have to support those aircraft using the Go 3 until the warranties expire. Who only knows when the last few new aircrafts that use Go 3 are going to be sold out.
No support of Go 3 really only means that there will be no additional versions or upgrades. Just as a note. The DJI vision app is still available for the Phantom 2 vision and vision plus.

I just downloaded DJI GO and I noticed it does not even list the Mavic.
Did they just change the software recently?

I just downloaded DJI GO and I noticed it does not even list the Mavic.
Did they just change the software recently?
Did you swipe to right of Inspire? I had trouble at first too. Maybe you tried that, just a thought.

Reactions: Robbyg
Did you swipe to right of Inspire? I had trouble at first too. Maybe you tried that, just a thought.

Duh No:eek:
In my haste I just looked at the drop down above the Phantom and assumed the worst. Thanks for the info :)

Rob

Reactions: Johanna
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike