DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 android

Mavic_Carlos

Reactions
Hola a todos, saludos desde España. ¿Se sabe por qué en DJI GO4 en Android no viene la opción de cancelar la carga del teléfono inteligente con el control remoto? Sé que en iOS se puede hacer. Creo que es algo normal que se podría hacer en Android, pero simplemente no lo eliminaron en ninguna actualización de firmware. Creo que es una falta de consideración. Gracias a todos

Hello everyone, greetings from Spain. It is known why in DJI GO4 on Android does not come the option to cancel the charging of the smartphone with the remote control ?. I know that in IOS it can be done. I think it is something normal that could be done in android, but they just did not remove it in any firmware update. I think it is a lack of consideration. Thank you all

Because preventing from charging is not supported by Android. The only option would be using a rooted phone.

I do not understand that charging is not supported on Android if the application already works on Android. There should be a software solution that allows it, although it is true that the battery of the remote control lasts much longer than 3 drone batteries.

Go supports it in iOS because iOS has the function in its API.
Apparently Android does not have that function in the API since apps that provide it require the phone to be rooted. Some manufacturers/carriers did add the function to their edition of Android. They can because their development has access to the Android at the root level and can design applets to operate at that level on the user's behalf.

What's more, USB standards requires the host (RC in this case) to provide the device (phone in this case) 500mA. This was so mice and keyboard could work without external power.
Some, if not many or all Androids, need to see power at the power leads of the USB or else they ignore the connection. We almost got it where in limiting the current to 10mA by using a 560 ohm resistor, the phone would cease charge mode. But in further tests, the phone would bounce charge mode and connection.

So if you want to blame someone, blame Google as they're the publisher of the Android OS who did not provide a charge mode selection in their API for apps to use.

Reactions: Gindra
Yeap. I used to be irritated by this issue (not being able to turn off charging phone). But as I found out that the remote control lasts quite a long time, I've now forgotten about it and just let it be.

You can always plug in a power bank to the upper Micro USB port on the Mavic Remote Controller. You must do this AFTER DJIGO4 has connected to the device that you are using to fly (using the lower Full Size USB Connector on the bottom of the Remote Controller)

This will stop the remote from draining your device as it has an external power source connected. The Power Bank.

Reactions: Bramavic2
You can also modify your Micro USB Cable and snip the black wire. Now be aware that the USB Cable must be a DATA and Power Cable and not just a Power cable. There are actually different style cables. One type provides power , but no data and the other type provides both power and data. You need to make sure its power and data.

Then follow this Youtube Video instruction (if you dont mind looking at dirty fingernails)

Someone tried cutting one of the two power leads where his Android refused to connect. It may have been the red wire but that should have been the better choice. The data connection uses diffential signalling so it doesn't usually require ground but many times ground is still used as a common reference.

You can always plug in a power bank to the upper Micro USB port on the Mavic Remote Controller. You must do this AFTER DJIGO4 has connected to the device that you are using to fly (using the lower Full Size USB Connector on the bottom of the Remote Controller)

This will stop the remote from draining your device as it has an external power source connected. The Power Bank.
I had the opposite experience with my M2 remote. When I tried connecting charge cable while tablet was connected and AC hovering, I encountered weird behavior from the RC as if I was shorting out the RC.
However I later tried again first getting it in charge mode, then powering on and connecting the tablet, it worked.

I had the opposite experience with my M2 remote. When I tried connecting charge cable while tablet was connected and AC hovering, I encountered weird behavior from the RC as if I was shorting out the RC.
However I later tried again first getting it in charge mode, then powering on and connecting the tablet, it worked.
Yes . One must connect the external charger afterwards and not before. I ran into the same issue with unpredictable behavior while also hovering.

You're agreeing with me, then disagreeing with me, then providing supporting info that agrees with me.

What I've found seems to work (I'll retest to be sure):
Connect power bank to side port. RC shows charging.
Connect cable between A port and mobile. I don't think it matters if you do this before or after connecting the charger as you haven't powered on the RC yet.
Power on RC. Go should show the RC connected, RC should show it's looking for the AC.
Power on AC.
Go should show AC connected
Fly as usual.

I interpreted you saying to connect the charger to as the last step rather than the first, yet you said you did that and RC went nuts like mine did.

OK just tested. For the record, this is with an M2.

I had the cable from the mobile connected to the RC and the Go app up. I don't think if you do this before or after connecting the RC on charge, as long as the RC is powered off.
Plug the RC into a charger or power bank. RC should indicate it's charging.
Turn RC on. RC should now show connecting. You'll also see the RC battery icon show it's still charging.
App seemed to take a little longer than usual to connect but connect it did.

Problem is even though battery icon shows charging, charge level has been decreasing.
Unplug A cable from AC. RC SoC starts going back up
Plug A cable back in. SoC starts decreasing.

So either RC really isn't charging while on, or more is consumed than gained. At least the latter will slow the loss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada