DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 app freezes Ipad Mini4

offtheback

Reactions
Mavic 2 pro Ipad Mini 4 latest firmware/software for drone,controller+Ipad.In an hour's time Ipad may freeze 4 times or so.All ipad apps are closed before launching GO4.
Plenty of storage open on Ipad.Temp 60's.Any ideas?Thanks!

Reactions: Thomas B and BD0G
Thanks Mike.I had done all these when you helpfully posted previously.I'm still puzzled.Will recheck and try again.

Did you ever solve your problem? Im planning to buy an iPad mini 4 64GB with cellular but im not 100% sure reading some posts here on MavicPilots.

Did you ever solve your problem? Im planning to buy an iPad mini 4 64GB with cellular but im not 100% sure reading some posts here on MavicPilots.
It still crashes on me maybe 2-3 times/hour.I close the app on the Ipad,waiting several seconds and relaunch.A pain.Not sure what's the problem but many here have no such issue.

Have you tried a factory reset on the iPad? Sometimes apps get corrupted and can cause issues. A clean slate may help.
I run an iPad 4 mini and iPad Pro with no issues.
Consider buying a refurb iPad from GameStop. They have most models with cell capabilities for a lower price. Got both mine there and both like new and fantastic!

Have you tried a factory reset on the iPad? Sometimes apps get corrupted and can cause issues. A clean slate may help.
Consider buying a refurb iPad from GameStop. They have most models with cell capabilities for a lower price. Got both mine there and both like new and fantastic!
Thanks,I'll try that

Do you have video caching and photo caching enabled?? As i read that you dont have any issues with your iPad mini 4? And what drone do you have ?

Do you have video caching and photo caching enabled?? As i read that you dont have any issues with your iPad mini 4? And what drone do you have ?
I'll have to check later today but I believe I do have them disabled based on previous recommendations. I'll let you know. I can tell you that the only time I've had Go4 crash on me was running it on Android.

I'll have to check later today but I believe I do have them disabled based on previous recommendations. I'll let you know. I can tell you that the only time I've had Go4 crash on me was running it on Android.

Ok, please let me know. Thanks in advanced..

Both are off. Clear any application caches (first), reset the iPad to factory fresh and start with a clean slate.
Have you tried different iPads and getting the same issue?

Both are off. Clear any application caches (first), reset the iPad to factory fresh and start with a clean slate.
Have you tried different iPads and getting the same issue?

Thanks for your reply back, no im planning to buy a ipad mini 4 for a reasonable price but i was not sure if it could handle my mavic 2 zoom. So eventually if i buy a ipad mini 4 i will start from scratch. Also will disable the video and photo cache.

I used the iPad 4 mini on my m1p once with no problems but the iPad 4 mini locks up when I’m watching YouTube videos at 720p so I stopped using it. The chip in the iPad 4 mini is the A8 chip which is used for the iPhone 6. Too slow. The iPhone 7 I use has the A10 fusion chip. The new iPad 4 mini is the way to go but costs more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929