DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 iOS crashing

mreloc

Reactions
Yesterday when I went out to fly my MPP I
had an issue with the app crashing about 30 seconds from connecting. This is on an iPhone 7S. I seemed to remedy it by deleting and then reinstalling it and had no issues during my flight. This morning- same thing is happening. Is anyone else noticing an issue with frequent app crashing?

Did you upgrade your phone to iOS 11.2? If not, try that.

Remember that the app will crash occasionally on a lot of different devices. You can usually hover and just open it again and continue flying within just a few seconds. If happening repeatedly then there may be an issue.

I have had the crashing iPhone too. It happens shortly after launching, 30-60 seconds. I have also received an on screen message saying the CPU usage is high, and that it may cause issues with the app. I have closed or deleted numerous apps, it seemed to help, flew for 8 minutes, no problem, then today it all happened again.

First flight of my MPP was all good, no app drop outs for the first battery (using a iPad Pro 10.5). Put in second battery and the app would crash every couple of minutes, reopen app and would connect right away but the a few mins later the same thing. I then changed the date in my iPad settings to November and this fixed the problem, but it’s a bit of a stop gap solution. So updated my IOS software to 11.2 this morning and now it’s rock solid. Happy days!

Yep- I updated my iOS today to 11.2 and it seems to have fixed it for me. I guess it will hold me until my Moverio BT-300 shows up this week... then it will be all about worrying Android crashes on me.

Your suppose to close all background apps. I try to do it, forget half the time. The Ipad is just for the drone, so no problems.

My iPhone kept closing DJI GO 4 after 30-45 seconds, didn't notice any warnings, hovered the MP, and opened DJI GO again, it crashed again after 30-45 seconds, did this about 5 times, landed the MP and headed for home. I always close all other apps and put the phone into airplane mode. Its connected to the controller with a apple lead from the usb port, I've had issues with the MP not connecting properly with the supplied lead. Updating the phone to 11.2 as I type, will try flying tomorrow

My iPhone kept closing DJI GO 4 after 30-45 seconds, didn't notice any warnings, hovered the MP, and opened DJI GO again, it crashed again after 30-45 seconds, did this about 5 times, landed the MP and headed for home. I always close all other apps and put the phone into airplane mode. Its connected to the controller with a apple lead from the usb port, I've had issues with the MP not connecting properly with the supplied lead. Updating the phone to 11.2 as I type, will try flying tomorrow

I had the same/similar experience as you did and all I did was update my iOS from 11.1 to 11.2 and still kept my go4 app at 4.1.17. No more app crashing....and all is well....so far.

So today is the first flight where i have had issues.

every minute or so, the app would crash.

I am using an ipad mini 4 running ios 11.2.1 (Last update.)

I am also running the last updated DJI go4 app, Mavic firmware is up to date.

i cannot for the life of me understand why the crashes are occurring now and not in my previous flights ! half to my flight log from todays flights are missing.

Are DJI looking at a permanent solution to this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR