DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go4 prop cage setting

Bebopperoo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Just got part 31, propeller cage for mavic. This weighs almost 191gm, and there is a setting in the go4 app to switch on if using the cages.
Can someone please advise what this switch actually does? Should I switch it on for any added weight, such as a lume cube? I presume it has something to do with added weight, but it warns of vibrations if using it without a cage, so I would really like to know what its effect actually is? Thanks

I remember reading about this in another thread a while back. That switch was only for the prop cage. I think they got third party prop guards and tried this switch and the Mavic became unsteady.

i purchased prop guards for my MPP from DJI they were selling them off cheap in a promotion ,i got them for flying in confined places,i switched on the prop guards fitted in the app to try them out the problem is when that is used, it severely slowed down all the controls not only forward speed but yaw ,and throttle up down etc while they may be good for giving your drone some protection from damage i decided that they were not really worth the effort for outdoor use and have not used them since

Thanks, so I finally put then on. DJI, wtf were you thinking?? Firstly, the 7728 props they force you to use, and supply, are even noisier than 4 mavic airs, in fact, the noisiest props I ever heard.
Secondly, the props scream at about 80-85% power all the time, and the green box constantly warns that motors are revving at maximum constantly, too.
The motors are very hot after a few minutes, and flight time is down to about 10 mins.
DJI, wfh is the about??? (Other than a pro guard for about $200!?!
OK, answered my question, but couldn't they at least make something that isn't so crappy?

the prop guards i am talking about are just that, they use the normal props,i have seen the type you purchased, mine were only £15 in the promotion from DJI thats why i thought i would try them

I have a set of those too. They only weigh about 90 GM, and still save your eyes, but the Dji ones are very pretty, amazing workmanship in that every strand is hand threaded, and they make my mpp look very cool. It just flies like crap now .. but looks excellent . Also, with motors working like that, Dji will sell many more replacement mpp's, as they burn out, so well thought out dji ?oops, autocorrect, sorry, I meant ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme