DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles for Mavic Pro 1, A Must Have?

Reelman67

Reactions
I am considering purchasing the DJi goggles for my Mavic Pro 1 and have only recently discovered an observer is required when flying using goggles. I can understand this. Can anyone out there tell me if the acquisition is worth it? I don't want to find out the investment was not worthwhile after the fact.

I use the EPSON BT-300 almost exclusively if doing a commercial project.....Just amazing glasses. Use the DJI Goggles for fun....way more immersive and fun!! My 2 cents

In WA state, thanks for the offer. I lean towards buying the DJI set. Fits the way I fly.

I am considering purchasing the DJi goggles for my Mavic Pro 1 and have only recently discovered an observer is required when flying using goggles. I can understand this. Can anyone out there tell me if the acquisition is worth it? I don't want to find out the investment was not worthwhile after the fact.
Test to see if your eyes can focus on objects 9 to 11 inches away. If not you will require corrective lenses to use DJI goggles.

Yes I can. I wear bifocals.

Yes I can. I wear bifocals.
Your daily use Bifocals are unlikely to help you. I use multifocals normally, and they are worse than useless with the goggles. You will likely need off the shelf readers of the correct diopter strength (big hassle changing glasses though), or preferably corrective lenses which attach to the goggles so that you do not need glasses at all while using the goggles. Made by DJI or other aftermarket suppliers. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Plenty of info on here on this subject if you search for it. To use the goggles without any form of corrective lenses, you need to be able to focus at about 9-11 inches without glasses. I don't think many far sighted older folks can do this.

Last edited:
Your daily use Bifocals are unlikely to help you. I use multifocals normally, and they are worse than useless with the goggles. You will likely need off the shelf readers of the correct diopter strength (big hassle changing glasses though), or preferably corrective lenses which attach to the goggles so that you do not need glasses at all while using the goggles. Made by DJI or other aftermarket suppliers. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Plenty of info on here on this subject if you search for it. To use the goggles without any form of corrective lenses, you need to be able to focus at about 9-11 inches without glasses. I don't think many far sighted older folks can do this.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like something to consider.

I fly an MP and use the white DJI goggles.It's an oustanding experience. A fantasic view!! The lens correction is easy to deal with if you don't see clearly out of the goggles when you first get them. I bought the DJI corrective lens and am fully satisfied with them.

I fly an MP and use the white DJI goggles.It's an oustanding experience. A fantasic view!! The lens correction is easy to deal with if you don't see clearly out of the goggles when you first get them. I bought the DJI corrective lens and am fully satisfied with them.
I took the plunge, bought the goggles and should experience firsthand the view using the goggles this week.

Reactions: Rattydude77
I took the plunge, bought the goggles and should experience firsthand the view using the goggles this week.

Before I bought the DJI goggles I had a different brand of fairly standard goggles.!I remarked to a friend that I wanted to have a pair of goggles that had a really awesome view-something truly better. He said "get the DJI goggles. They are awesome " He was not wrong. Wonderful view..

I ordered the lens inserts for my DJI goggles, and they are arriving today. I will get back to you all with my first flight experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser