DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Head Tracking Downside

ckizer

Reactions
Mine aren't hear till tomorrow, but lots of my friends in FB groups are reviewing the goggles. So I noticed this.

One of the downsides that I'm guessing will change in a few weeks of the goggles:

When you turn your head in one of the yaw modes, it keeps turning or spinning until you turn your head back towards the center to stop movement. This seems annoying, it would be better if you turn you head 30° the drone only turns 30°.

There's absolutely the hardware to just have it turn with your head and stop when you stop head movement. because in Tap to Fly mode it knows where to fly the drone based on where you move your head…

Remembering how many amazing features DJI in software after I bought my first P3P I'm sure this is a feature that will be added soon.

There are two head tracking modes. I don't remember the exact naming of them but one is where the flight path changes based on your head movement. It is as you describe above. The other mode is where you control the flight path and yawing with your controller and the head tracking only moves the camera left, right, up & down.

Reactions: pcardon
I think you'd get pretty dizzy if they only moved according to your head direction. :) Plus it'll be nice if you're sitting in a chair flying, you can just turn your head side to side instead of doing the full 360.

Reactions: Mavic 57
There are two head tracking modes. I don't remember the exact naming of them but one is where the flight path changes based on your head movement. It is as you describe above. The other mode is where you control the flight path and yawing with your controller and the head tracking only moves the camera left, right, up & down.
This is my understanding as well. The latter (head movements only control the camera and not the actual direction of the drone) is what I would use exclusively as this is most like sitting in the **** pit. I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to use their head movement to control the direction of the drone... that actually seems pretty dangerous to me!

Reactions: PacketRacket
Until they add exponential and sensitivity to the head tracking it is really only useful if your flying for fun and not for shooting serious video.

I am sure DJI will add many more features like the radar and histogram plus more button assignments. I think DJI needed to get this product to market now and they just did not have the time to finish the software. Give it three months and I think we will see vast improvements.

Rob

I would hate to have to twist my head a full 360 to keep the Mavic turning . I think how they implemented it is correct .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE