DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Head Tracking Gimbal Not Working

Droner88

Reactions
I have been flying the Mavic for over 9 months and it has been fantastic. After seeing the great reviews, I recently purchased the DJI Goggles. Unfortunately, I am not able to get the "Head Tracking Gimbal" function to work. The goggles connect to the Mavic as expected and all other functions work well (Liveview, playback, etc.) When I select the "Head Tracking Gimbal" option in the menu, the Mavic camera does not move with the head movements. While I have not yet been able to test this outside due to the cold weather, it is my understanding after viewing videos online that the function should still work indoors. I have contacted DJI support on two occasions and the only suggestions I received was to insure the correct versions and try using Fixed Wing mode. I have updated and refreshed the Mavic and Goggles to the latest version (10.4.0100) using DJI Assistant 2 with no change. On a side note, the "Reset Motion Control" menu option is not selectable. Could this be an indicator of a configuration issue? Any suggestions before returning the goggles as defective?

Possibly faulty? (Sorry)

My head tracking mode worked perfectly right out of the box and yes it does work indoors without the mavic being in flight

Possibly faulty? (Sorry)

My head tracking mode worked perfectly right out of the box and yes it does work indoors without the mavic being in flight
Thanks for the confirmation! I thought I was setting up everything correctly and could not figure out why this option would not work. I will be returning it for a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ