DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles keep dropping the visual - Help

Wonderjeep

Reactions
I just got these set up tonight. They were purchased used so there is always some possibility there was a problem before I got them, but they appeared new in box. Everything was sealed.

Once I downloaded the latest firmware and activated them I wanted to see what I had purchased so I put them on. What happens is that every minute or so the screens go black no matter what I am doing. A quick hit of the back button or a tap of the touch pad brings the screens back, but clearly this isn’t usable. I am hoping this rings a bell for someone who has seen this before and can offer me a solution.

Please Help.

Ooh, thats definately sounding like a defective set of Goggles, unfortunately. I know that doesnt help you much, but theres a few things to do...

First, make a video of this, by showing the Goggles S/N, the external of the Goggles, then get a shot looking thru an eye piece (be sure to refocus) to show it doing this issue...

Do that before you go forward with anything else.

Now theres only one fix I could see working (unless your an electrical wizard with all the right tools) is to connect the Goggles to your PC again, use Assistant 2 and downgrade firmware, then reupgrade firmware back to latest version. (Downgrading first ensures a complete firmware wipe and reinstall instead of just refreshing the current version. This method helped me with a battery error I had for months)

Thats all I can see possibly resetting this issue, but its no guarantee.

No matter what, get that evidence and contact the seller and hopefully you used a service that offers insurance.

Most of the folks in this community are great people, so there may not be any tom-foolery going on in this instance, but best to cover your bases!

Good luck.
I hope they work for you or you get a set that do, because Googles are good bit of fun, esp when the range doesnt suck (another topic, if they are the RE version and you fly Mavic 2)

I had the same issue where they would work for about 10 to 20 secs and then go dark. It turns out there is an eco-mode that automatically turns them off if it detects that your face is not near enough. They would work if I mashed them on my face but not work when sitting normally on my head. If your problem is similar to mine, just turn off eco-mode in the display setting of the goggles.

I had the same issue where they would work for about 10 to 20 secs and then go dark. It turns out there is an eco-mode that automatically turns them off if it detects that your face is not near enough. They would work if I mashed them on my face but not work when sitting normally on my head. If your problem is similar to mine, just turn off eco-mode in the display setting of the goggles.
Good call.

I didnt even think about that possibility but its much more likely than a firmware issue or other defect.
I hope its that simple of a fix for ya!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98