DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles or DJI Goggles RE and DJI insurance alternatives in Europe

RickAung

Reactions
Hi, I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am thinking about buying goggles. They are pretty expensive and wondered if anyone has any experience or advice about which to buy and the advantages or disadvantages of the two. Obviously, the RE version is VERY expensive. Is the extra cost justified? As an ex-helicopter pilot, I would like a cockpit view when flying the Mavic 2 Pro.

Also looking for replacement insurance in event of a mishap. Not needing liability insurance. Any advice, please?

Thanks in advance

If you do not need flight records then I would recommend the RE.
Reason, they have a built in racing receiver.
They also have HD, different modes, DVR and so on.

I have faith in Direct DJI refurb products due to my experience with DJI Care Refresh and my Spark Fleet.
Don't pay full price for new when you can get a quality refurb.

I had the goggles for 24 hours and returned mine for two reasons:
First already stated - flight logs.
You can upload them to DJI servers but the end user has no access to them.
Second - I lost 75% Mavic Air battery power trying to clear a compass calibration error on the first goggles flight.
had to tear down, use a mobile device, calibrate and reconnect the goggles only to get the error again.
Once it was clear, it looked really good.

But again, I need flight logs.

Reactions: RickAung
The non RE only do 2.4GHz so with them you would not be able to use the M2's 5.8GHz mode if 2.4 is too polluted where you are.

@pmshop 's issues are irrelevant with the Mavic 2 since you have both the mobile device and goggles connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmshop
Hi, I have a Mavic 2 Pro and am thinking about buying goggles. They are pretty expensive and wondered if anyone has any experience or advice about which to buy and the advantages or disadvantages of the two. Obviously, the RE version is VERY expensive. Is the extra cost justified? As an ex-helicopter pilot, I would like a cockpit view when flying the Mavic 2 Pro.

Also looking for replacement insurance in event of a mishap. Not needing liability insurance. Any advice, please?

Thanks in advance
If you want a pilot's eye view then consider the Epson Moverio BT-300 HUD glasses. Not cheap but you can fly the Mavic without a spotter as you have peripheral vision to be able to see your craft while in VLOS. Take a look on YouTube for more info' and search this forum for more views on the product.

Reactions: RickAung
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme