DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles RE & Mavic Air - flight / Head Tracking firmware update?

oscarberke

Reactions
So while the Gimbal tracking works with the RE edition, DJI flight tracking does not seem to by moving head left to right on the RE version of the goggles. DJI has now said they don't list the more expensive goggles as compatible on their site, yet they did release a firmware update right after launch for the air that enabled the gimbal to work with the Racing Edition goggles.

Any progress on on the head/flight tracking? Has anyone heard of a beta for this or anything?

It is amazing that they support it on the regular cheaper goggles but not the RE goggles. PLEASE, PLEASE DJI release this update soon, as it has been months and its crazy that you want people to buy the older, slower, version of the googles for your newest drone. (That tells us that the teams at DJI are not working together and not aware of what each other are doing when it comes to development teams.)

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
I’m not sure this is true. I’m not using Head Tracking for flight, only for Gimbal control, but the option comes up and my impression is that it did work when I tried it.

My bad, I should have read the post properly, of course I am using a Mavic Pro.

My coworkers and I tried out head tracking today with a magic air. It had all firmware updates. Both settings worked humble up down option and the option that also controls yaw by turning the head.

Well head tracking flight does not work correctly on Mavic 2
The gimbal pitch works, but AC yaw is not reacting to head movements. It does work with the RC sticks. Somehow they managed to screw this up.

I see some of you guys are able to get head tracking for the gimbal on a mavis air to work. I must be missing something on the goggles or on the RC control settings. Can someone point me to where I need to be looking to get the gimbal control.

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS