Votes: 39 23.8%
  • Yes.... At a price under $300

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • NO..... Don't need and they are going to too expensive anyways

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters

skypros

Reactions
I really want to get the DJI Goggles but the rumored $700 price tag may be just too steep......

Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 12.57.21 PM.png

Hopefully they will be $399 and be the best pair of FPV that has ever been released

Reactions: Jimmie Hanson
I think they'll come in around the $400-$500 USD mark. Reason being, its an accessory, its not needed to fly, so they want to price it so its attractive to the Mavic owner. I also think their marketing for the Mavic will structure the pricing for the "avg" owner as opposed to high dollar, high end items for the Inspire...

It is something that I will buy if it is at the price-point I mention. If its higher, I'm going to think long and hard about it.

Reactions: kona
No more than $200 for me. I am not going to spend 1/2 again as much as the drone costs just for goggles.

No more than $200 for me. I am not going to spend 1/2 again as much as the drone costs just for goggles.
Oh, DJI would stand to sell a TON of them at $200. I'll cross my fingers for that, but it'll likely be closer to three times that.

We would suspect that the DJI Goggles will be priced around the $300-400 mark. If you take a look at options that we would classify as comparable goggles you would find the following:

Zeiss Cinemizer - $789
Headplay HD - $250
Yuneec Skyview - $249
Fat Shark Dominator V3 - $349

As of now it is uncertain if the goggles feature an HDMI port so they could be used a regular video viewer as well. If they do we would suspect they could climb higher in price as they would become a direct comparable to the Zeiss Cinemizer. A well built pair of "simple" video goggles could capture a very large market right now with such few, high quality, low to mid range priced "simple" video goggles. It will be interesting to see where these come into the market.

If the DJI Goggles are going to be around $600, then I'll be looking at alternatives.

Reactions: Advexure
Assuming there are any.

I'm sure there going to be out there in no time. I'm in no rush for FPV anyway. I've had my P3P since last November and have not had the need for FPV. For me, it's more of a "nice to have" than a "need to have".

I really want to get the DJI Goggles but the rumored $700 price tag may be just too steep......

View attachment 90

Hopefully they will be $399 and be the best pair of FPV that has ever been released

"Fly with the turn of your head..." This is the first time I've really paid any attention to the information under this photo. Everything I've read has not revealed that you can "fly" the Mavic with the headset just by turning your head. The only thing I've heard so far is its a viewer with a direct link via OcuSync. So, according to this picture that is found on the DJI Mavic Store page, this means that you can control the drone's flight the goggles. What few "hands-on" articles available about the goggles ( DJI Goggles - Will FPV be the Mavic's Secret Weapon? - DRONELIFE and DJI's Goggles put you in the cockpit of a drone ) reveal little about the actual function of these goggles other than being a first person viewer. Engadget even comes out and says, "There's also no mention of head-tracking to move the camera, unless it's being kept under wraps."

"Fly with the turn of your head..." This is the first time I've really paid any attention to the information under this photo. Everything I've read has not revealed that you can "fly" the Mavic with the headset just by turning your head. The only thing I've heard so far is its a viewer with a direct link via OcuSync. So, according to this picture that is found on the DJI Mavic Store page, this means that you can control the drone's flight the goggles. What few "hands-on" articles available about the goggles ( DJI Goggles - Will FPV be the Mavic's Secret Weapon? - DRONELIFE and DJI's Goggles put you in the cockpit of a drone ) reveal little about the actual function of these goggles other than being a first person viewer. Engadget even comes out and says, "There's also no mention of head-tracking to move the camera, unless it's being kept under wraps."

Yes, very interesting point you make. I hadn't seen that wording under that original image. Colleagues of ours at the launch event got to put them on but absolutely nothing was mentioned about the VR portion of them being able to head track. It could easily be that the unit they were demoing was still a prototype without the full functionality of what they perceive these goggles will actually feature. Guess we will just have to wait and see. We have no further information from DJI HQ as they've been lips tight about the goggles but we'll definitely drop back with an update if we hear anything that we can share.

just found this photos from Chinese social media site,
494d1d1e697affe3ba5f1e417c56c812.jpg
15d65789109acd13033e0c3b73969cb5.jpg
13617237aa673ccca1d8ee2cfc42a5b9.jpg

Reactions: ___
Ooh good catch...although these all manage to avoid answering the main question that will determine if I get them: Do they have HDMI?

That's the tick box I'd be checking in the poll above

It's an old marketing trick to "leak" a high price such as $700 and then get people happy to see the "low" price of $399.

That's my guess anyway.

(I work in marketing)

Reactions: dam and Advexure
I agree smart marketing, rumour it at high price and then sell them at half the rumoured price and people will buy them. Honestly they can corner the market if they priced it with headplay gear but because really Headplay is cheap components, DJI product looks real solid , I'm thinking it will be priced at 399.00 my guess with discounts if you have MAVIC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61