DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles

hychewright

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have one of the first generation Mavic's. I've had it in storage for several years and have new battery and ready to fly again. I would like to fly FPV. Are the DJI goggles worth the money and do they work well? Thanks.

Hello,

Depends what your definition of "Work Well" is. They are fantastic for the Mavic and can work with several other DJI drone via an HDMI cable. They allow a birds eye view and a very immersive experience. That said they do have some limitations,

1: Latency --- If you are 300' in the air and just want to fly around they are fine. If you want to weave between trees and obstacles then the latency will severely effect your timing and accuracy.

2: Size ---- They are large and can be cumbersome to travel with.

3: Goggle Version ---- There are two versions of the DJI Goggles, the Standard White goggles that only have Occusync and HDMI input. They work with several DJI models either via occusync or HDMI.

The second version are the Black and Red goggles. They still offer all the functions of the White goggles but also added a 5.8ghz receiver to work with FPV racing drones.

What will be your intended use?

Last edited:
Hello,

Depends what your definition of "Work Well" is. They are fantastic for the Mavic and can work with several other DJI drone via an HDMI cable. They allow a birds eye view and a very immersive experience. That said they do have some limitations,

1: Latency --- If you are 300' in the air and just want to fly around they are fine. If you want to weave between trees and obstacles then the latency will severely effect your timing and accuracy.

2: Size ---- They are large and can be cumbersome to travel with.

3: Goggle Version ---- There are two versions of the DJI Goggles, the Standard White goggles that only have Occusync and HDMI input. They work with several DJI models either via occusync or HDMI.

The second version are the Black and Red goggles. They still offer all the functions of the White goggles but also added a 5.8ghz receiver to work with FPV racing drones.

What will be your intended use?
Hello, thank you so much for your very informative reply. I live in a rural area (farmland mostly) and my intended use will be to just buzz around at 300' and enjoy the scenery as if I were in the Mavic . I've never tried FPV and though I would give it a try. How would I set the goggles up with the Mavic?

Reactions: Aero1
Hello, thank you so much for your very informative reply. I live in a rural area (farmland mostly) and my intended use will be to just buzz around at 300' and enjoy the scenery as if I were in the Mavic . I've never tried FPV and though I would give it a try. How would I set the goggles up with the Mavic?

With your intended use they will be great. I would suggest buying the Black and Red version ( DJI Goggles RE) if you can afford the extra cost. They offer the added feature of 5.8ghz if you ever decide to branch out into Fixed Wing or FPV racing quads.

After you get comfortable flying normally with the Mavic you can try Fixed Wing mode on the Mavic to simulate flying a plane.

Connecting is fairly easy, you put goggles into pairing mode and press the pair button on the side of the Mavic.

Last edited:
With your intended use they will be great. I would suggest buying the Black and Red version ( DJI Goggles RE) if you can afford the extra cost. They offer the added feature of 5.8ghz if you ever decide to branch out into Fixed Wing or FPV racing quads.

After you get comfortable flying normally with the Mavic you can try Fixed Wing mode on the Mavic to simulate flying a plane.

Connecting is fairly easy, you put goggles into pairing mode and press the pair button on the side of the Mavic.
Hey, thanks Ulysses, that is exactly what I needed to know. I think I'll get the Black and Red version as you suggested. Thanks again and Happy flying!

Hey, thanks Ulysses, that is exactly what I needed to know. I think I'll get the Black and Red version as you suggested. Thanks again and Happy flying!
You are very welcome. I have the DJI Goggles RE and they work great for my Mavic and my Inspire 1 Pro via the HDMI. I also use them with my FPV racing drones as a spare set of goggles. I normally use Fatsharks for the racing drones because they are more compact but the DJI goggles work great also.

Yes and yes
Given your intended use
I love mine
You can buy used for about 250 and it's possible (likely IMO) they were really used

I have one of the first generation Mavic's. I've had it in storage for several years and have new battery and ready to fly again. I would like to fly FPV. Are the DJI goggles worth the money and do they work well? Thanks.
I love my dji goggles, I own the black and red racing edition not as much into racing but I love areal photography and a birds eye view. Super easy to connect, put on enjoy (it literally feels like that ride at disney, “Soaring over the world”) Only complaint is when i want to get techichal or inteligent flughg modes it gets a little tricky, for me, to set up so I usually lift up the goggles for a sec, do what I want on the RC then flip em back down and enjoy.
Hope this helps. ✌?

Reactions: jesswin
I'm not very pleased by the goggles experience.
1. Bulky, heavy, they fails during some head movements.
2. The focal adjustment is missing. You have to but expensive adapters.Once mounted the friends will be not able to see the screen.
3. The image as no contrast, the colors are washed. You should remove them and look to the phone or reality to estimate the real picture. No possibility for tuning the display, other than the luminosity (which is also not great at maximum). So no contrast, no saturation.
4. Missing important features (graphical battery status, histogram, focus peaking).

So, good in daylight, but disappointing.

I'm not very pleased by the goggles experience.
1. Bulky, heavy, they fails during some head movements.
2. The focal adjustment is missing. You have to but expensive adapters.Once mounted the friends will be not able to see the screen.
3. The image as no contrast, the colors are washed. You should remove them and look to the phone or reality to estimate the real picture. No possibility for tuning the display, other than the luminosity (which is also not great at maximum). So no contrast, no saturation.
4. Missing important features (graphical battery status, histogram, focus peaking).

So, good in daylight, but disappointing.
we have to be talking about different Goggles even at their absolute worst I haven’t experienced anything like what you have mentioned. Bummer

Would love to get a pair but I wear glasses. I have lined bifocals and 6 power prism which is quite a lot. Thoughts would be much appreciated. Have flown the Mavic Pro for almost 2 years. I had flown a smaller beginner drone with FPV Goggles that I was able to see through without my glasses. The goggles did have a Doppler adjustment, if that is what it is called. Again, any would be much appreciated.

we have to be talking about different Goggles even at their absolute worst I haven’t experienced anything like what you have mentioned. Bummer

So your goggles has histogram and bright colors and they have under one kilogram? Please send me a link to by myself one pair.

So your goggles has histogram and bright colors and they have under one kilogram? Please send me a link to by myself one pair.
? Well the ones that DJI sell the raing edition, nah doesnt have a historgram (not a deal braker) Yes super bright colors other thatn shooting in 1080 instead of 4k but still more than a breathtaking and spectacular field of view. 1kg? ? I have the DJI backpack and it carries everything I need and want for an excursion, Love that backpack. Ive seen the other products out there, the glasses are lighter but also can scratch drop crack get lost, glare (they all have their own set of problems).... Most people on this present day are super impressed when they put the dji re goggles on.. You are not one, However your list of musthaves or dealbreakers (like you mentioned isnt out there)...soooooo for the products that exsist as far as goggles linked to a drone.... Is pretty friggn amazing and may not be impressive to every human buuut cant please everyone. there are of course things I would want to change or upgrade but they deserve some credit. I love mine, I wouldnt spend a penny on the competition because its not as far as you think and everything has a positive and negative choose to see what u like.

I'm happy you love the gadget. For sure we have different requirements. BTW: there is no competition for it.

Reactions: Live LA
I"m still a novice but I received a pair of racing goggles by nistake when I ordered my "bundle". Company told me to keep 'em since the white ones were out of stock. I wear strong glasses and can't use the goggles with or without my glasses. My solution was to buy a couple pairs of prescription reading glasses from an online store. cheapo frames and small plastic lenses. One of the pairs works great in the goggles and gives me enough vision to find my regular glasses when I take them off. FWIW the glasses were only ~$15 a pair and well worth it.

I live in a hot climate, Queensland Australia, wearing glasses has been an issue because my head sweats and the glasses fog up, I am waiting for cooler weather before deciding if i will keep the goggles or not.

My experience so for has been underwhelming, bring on the cooler months.

You’ll LOVE fpv . If you can afford them buy them but buy the Race (RE) edition if you can

I"m still a novice but I received a pair of racing goggles by nistake when I ordered my "bundle". Company told me to keep 'em since the white ones were out of stock. I wear strong glasses and can't use the goggles with or without my glasses. My solution was to buy a couple pairs of prescription reading glasses from an online store. cheapo frames and small plastic lenses. One of the pairs works great in the goggles and gives me enough vision to find my regular glasses when I take them off. FWIW the glasses were only ~$15 a pair and well worth it.
Wanna sell em ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242