DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Groundstation Pro doesn't upload to cloud??

marklyn

Reactions
So I finally got to use the DJI GS pro app on my iPad and really kind of like it (for a free app).
It's not as intuitive as I think it should be and the ability to edit waypoints after building a mission are pretty wonky in my book, but for free, I thought this was something I could use.
However, after several test runs with the app, I now realize it doesn't give you the ability to sync with the cloud thus you also won't have your flight records on airdata.com

Am I missing something or did DJI overlook the ability to sync to the cloud.
Also, is there another way to get my DJI GS Pro flights to airdata.com?

I just chatted (online) with DJI rep and he said that GS Pro doesn't have sync to cloud ability. I'd have to extract the flight records and email to them to update... He didn't sound certain there would ever be a sync to cloud feature in GS Pro. He said I could extract the flight data from my device and send to them (via a case#) and they would add it that way. Then he started talking about a drone accident and then he said it's up to the developer to add that capability (doesn't DJI make/brand that app as their own?)...
Anyway it was a painful conversation, usually 1-2 minutes between answers and finally I told him this was too complicated and hung up on him.

Besides all that, I guess there's no way to get my data to airdata?

I just had a thought regarding my online chat with a DJI rep... when he implied that "the developer" had to add that capability it made me wonder whether or not this app is truly a DJI app... What I mean is, what if you had a crash while using this app... even though it's branded as DJI could they say, "Well, you weren't using the DJI Go app" therefore DJI Cares doesn't work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka