DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI - I AM SO PISSED!!!!

Dronebow

Reactions
OMG. I was so impressed at how fast DJI support turned around my Mavic. I was so impressed that they actually returned the 64gb SD that I left in it. So why did they have to send me a totally bad bird?? OMG, this is so much worse that what I sent to them.

I sent a perfectly good MP that only had range issues. No other issues at all. And what did I get??

- This MP gets constant compass errors when in sport mode
- This MP gets high magnetic interference errors when trying to calibrate the compass
- This MP controller has 1 joystick that will stick to the right sometimes
- This MP would not let me calibrate the IMU because of that same magnetic interference it was complaining about.

And finally - This MP has caused me to end my ebay auction for the other MP I was selling because I need a working Mavic for a trip coming up. Way to go DJI! You just cost me hundreds!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well man, gonna have to say it.... are you sure everything you're doing is by the book?

Not an insult. Just curious. It's crazy to have that many issues basically surrounding the same issue. Go out in the middle of a desert and do the compass!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Simsstash
Well man, gonna have to say it.... are you sure everything you're doing is by the book?

Not an insult. Just curious. It's crazy to have that many issues basically surrounding the same issue. Go out in the middle of a desert and do the compass!

I have done the compass multiple times in multiple areas. It passed the compass calibration. Flying in normal mode seems ok. Flying in sport mode full throttle will generate a compass error. Not to mention that controller issue.. that has nothing to do with by the book.

And I got this back from RMA... I shouldn't have to do any calibrations at all.

IMG_4976.PNG
This is what the error is showing when looking at the compass while it gets the compass error.

Ok so here is what I will do.
- In the morning when it's light I'll go out to a field and run the calibrations
- Compass
- IMU
- Relink the controller
- Already did a gimble calibration which did seem to help the horizon tilt

If all of this does not fix this POS.. I'm not going to be a happy camper. Let me know if I'm missing something on the above.

Ok so here is what I will do.
- In the morning when it's light I'll go out to a field and run the calibrations
- Compass
- IMU
- Relink the controller
- Already did a gimble calibration which did seem to help the horizon tilt

If all of this does not fix this POS.. I'm not going to be a happy camper. Let me know if I'm missing something on the above.
Reset to factory and then refresh the F/W then treat it like a new out of the box bird.

OMG. I was so impressed at how fast DJI support turned around my Mavic. I was so impressed that they actually returned the 64gb SD that I left in it. So why did they have to send me a totally bad bird?? OMG, this is so much worse that what I sent to them.

I sent a perfectly good MP that only had range issues. No other issues at all. And what did I get??

- This MP gets constant compass errors when in sport mode
- This MP gets high magnetic interference errors when trying to calibrate the compass
- This MP controller has 1 joystick that will stick to the right sometimes
- This MP would not let me calibrate the IMU because of that same magnetic interference it was complaining about.

And finally - This MP has caused me to end my ebay auction for the other MP I was selling because I need a working Mavic for a trip coming up. Way to go DJI! You just cost me hundreds!!

Lots of talk about this issue being related to a newer firmware. That the errors in fact did happen in the prior firmware but were not shown in the app. Some people have downgraded their firmware and the errors disappear - but the issue remains that at a certain power level that the Mavic may create enough EMI to bother one of the compasses - at which point it switches to the other one. I'll see if I can quickly find one of the other threads about the topic for you.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the sticky joystick, but does relate to all of the others.

Keep the one you were going to sell on eBay and send back the one you are having problems with and get your money back.

Last edited:
Reset to factory and then refresh the F/W then treat it like a new out of the box bird.

This would have been my first step with the issues you have experienced :)

@Dronebow Did changing to 5Ghz sort your range issue out as I suggested on your other thread?

Lots of talk about this issue being related to a newer firmware. That the errors in fact did happen in the prior firmware but were not shown in the app. Some people have downgraded their firmware and the errors disappear - but the issue remains that at a certain power level that the Mavic may create enough EMI to bother one of the compasses - at which point it switches to the other one. I'll see if I can quickly find one of the other threads about the topic for you.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the sticky joystick, but does relate to all of the others.
You are correct. There were compass errors in the previous firmware and even with the newest firmware they are still there. In fact, this morning I went out to a field and tried to go through the motions of recalibrating everything and still, was having huge issues with calibrating the compass and at one point it actually seemed to work but as soon as I was flying - Straight up and in normal mode - it was getting compass errors.

The only way I can explain any of this is that this is another defective aircraft. It came straight from DJI support who supposedly tested it before sending and had problems right out of the box. A person should not have to go through 20 steps of troubleshooting on a product that was supposedly QA tested by the company it came from...

Thanks for the link. I think that poster is likely right.

We'll stop being greedy trying to sell another for a ridiculous amount on ebay!

You won't get much sympathy here mate, most people don't even have one Mavic but you have two and you're complaining because you'll have to break the seal on another?
I didn't ask for your sympathy mate. Nor do I want it.

This would have been my first step with the issues you have experienced :)

@Dronebow Did changing to 5Ghz sort your range issue out as I suggested on your other thread?
I haven't had the chance to do that chippie. There have been so many other issues with the compass errors and warnings about magnetic interference that quite frankly it's a bit scary to even fly. I can't imagine all these readily viewable problems out of the box escaping the view of the support testers. I may try reseting to factory and doing a FW downgrade but honestly my confidence in this particular bird is very low.

As other posters have stated, I did have one on ebay that I had purchased in case the original didn't make it in time. I cancelled that auction and will likely open that one up to take on the trip. But this really stinks because that means I'll have to sell the next RMA return and I also do not know how to transfer the Refresh I paid for on this to the new one in the box. Selling an RMA return may not net the new price.. I have no idea.

I haven't had the chance to do that chippie. There have been so many other issues with the compass errors and warnings about magnetic interference that quite frankly it's a bit scary to even fly. I can't imagine all these readily viewable problems out of the box escaping the view of the support testers. I may try reseting to factory and doing a FW downgrade but honestly my confidence in this particular bird is very low.

As other posters have stated, I did have one on ebay that I had purchased in case the original didn't make it in time. I cancelled that auction and will likely open that one up to take on the trip. But this really stinks because that means I'll have to sell the next RMA return and I also do not know how to transfer the Refresh I paid for on this to the new one in the box. Selling an RMA return may not net the new price.. I have no idea.

Do the reset & force a f/w update first. You never know it may sort everything out for you but I do understand how you are feeling. I get mine back tomorrow and am keeping an open mind so I do not get too pissed off should something be wrong.

Do the reset & force a f/w update first. You never know it may sort everything out for you but I do understand how you are feeling. I get mine back tomorrow and am keeping an open mind so I do not get too pissed off should something be wrong.
Ok, I'm resetting to factory default and downgrading the FW now. Will see what happens with this problem. I am hearing an odd sound when it's sitting there turned on as well that I do not know if it's normal. Like a subdued ticking sound at a pace of 2 or 3 ticks per second. When the internal fan isn't running I can hear it.

The issue with the controller stick bugs me but it's very slight so it may work itself out. I'll let you know what happens.

I would not downgrade, just force a update with the latest f/w but then again, reset to factory, downgrade, test, if all ok then reset to factory, upgrade to latest f/w and see...

The ticking is normal, it is the ultrasonic sensors because the bird is on a table.

I have read that the issue with the stick does works itself out, you can accelerate this by moving it around but I would wait to see if the other issues resolve first....

And so, by saying DJI "cost me hundreds" you are referring to the fact that you are now unable to gouge some poor schmuck like me who is waiting for their Mavic a few hundred dollars?

Sorry for just about anyone who has problems with their drone, but if SOMEBODY has to have issues, it seems fitting that eBay gougers like yourself are the types to experience them.

I would not downgrade, just force a update with the latest f/w but then again, reset to factory, downgrade, test, if all ok then reset to factory, upgrade to latest f/w and see...

The ticking is normal, it is the ultrasonic sensors because the bird is on a table.

I have read that the issue with the stick does works itself out, you can accelerate this by moving it around but I would wait to see if the other issues resolve first....
Wanted to go back to the earlier version and see how it goes. I was also getting that high wind warning message that everyone has been complaining about. The thing is, it was really still and foggy this morning. No wind at all.

Right now both of the RC and the Aircraft have been downgraded on the firmware and the aircraft has been reset to factory.

And so, by saying DJI "cost me hundreds" you are referring to the fact that you are now unable to gouge some poor schmuck like me who is waiting for their Mavic a few hundred dollars?

Sorry for just about anyone who has problems with their drone, but if SOMEBODY has to have issues, it seems fitting that eBay gougers like yourself are the types to experience them.
Hey, welcome to the forum. Already making friends on your second post I see. NICE. I've been around forums for a long time so I know that it's just par for the course that folks like yourself with no helpful info will barge in and make some statement.. That's fine. You will want to vent some day and you will need help and some other schmuck will do the same to you.

Now about your whole idea of gouging someone. Those poor people on ebay are making their bids the way they see fit. Lets say you buy a car from some grandma who had it in a barn and she sold it for $2k. You realize that it's worth $10k so you sell it and someone buys it for $8500. Are you a gouger now?? Tell me you have never once in your life sold something for more than you bought it for... And if you did, good for you. That's called "business".. You know.. that coffee you bought from Starbucks for $5.. Yeah, it cost them $.50 ... Get it??

Reactions: F6Rider
I'm new, but you are too. This is, after all, a pretty new forum. So, I certainly won't assault your character. You could be, and probably are, a nice person.

But it's called karma.

I initially joined this forum in order to respond to your statement about DJI "costing me hundreds", because you are now unable to see the extra Mavic that you purchased on eBay, for hundreds in profit. Please recognize that, from my perspective (the dad trying to buy one for Christmas), it's YOU that are costing me money.

Life's too short to hate, and I won't waste my time in doing so. But I stumbled into this forum after scrolling through the bay and other ads of lots of people like yourself, people "gouging" schmucks like me for hundreds. So you can allow me a small chuckle when I see that one of those gougers, you, will now be unable to gouge, because of circumstances beyond your control. And that hopefully, by the time you do again have an extra working Mavic, they will no longer be in short supply. Then you will be faced with the prospect of selling said extra Mavic at cost, or Lord forbid at a discount! Perhaps providing some us of with a rare example or Karma in action.

hey, lots of people are OK with gouging. I know there are lots doing it, and that's cool. Just don't whine about DJI costing you money, when your "business" plan falls through. That is, after all, your "business"...

Hey, welcome to the forum. Already making friends on your second post I see. NICE. I've been around forums for a long time so I know that it's just par for the course that folks like yourself with no helpful info will barge in and make some statement.. That's fine. You will want to vent some day and you will need help and some other schmuck will do the same to you.

Now about your whole idea of gouging someone. Those poor people on ebay are making their bids the way they see fit. Lets say you buy a car from some grandma who had it in a barn and she sold it for $2k. You realize that it's worth $10k so you sell it and someone buys it for $8500. Are you a gouger now?? Tell me you have never once in your life sold something for more than you bought it for... And if you did, good for you. That's called "business".. You know.. that coffee you bought from Starbucks for $5.. Yeah, it cost them $.50 ... Get it??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun