DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI insurance - does it cover theft?

safetorque

Reactions
I have just had the RC of my Mavic Air stolen during a break in at the house I'm renting for a week.

Would anyone know whether the 12 month DJI insurance covers theft?

Dont feel too badly, Refresh doesnt cover loss OR damage to the controller. I hope you find a good replacement.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:

1. Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2. Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
4. Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2,Phantom 4 Pro series and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.

Reactions: safetorque
So sorry for you loss. Crashing your drone is bad... having it stolen is just awful. It won't hurt to look into all your insurances and see if they will cover it, but the deductible may not even make it worthwhile. :(

For future info and to help others.. look at renters insurance for these cases. It's pretty cheap and you can usually do short-term (like a month) for pretty cheap. And I know hind-sight is always 20/20, but it's a good idea to stash your valuables when traveling. Thieves usually go for "low-hanging fruit" -- A cheap "muggers wallet" or purse will usually get the thief in and out real quick because they think they hit the mother lode, but they get away with under $20. :)

Reactions: safetorque
Absolutely. That sounds like good advice. The surprising thing to me is that the drone itself, spare batteries, and charger were not taken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost