DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI , is there a method to there madness?

RonRob61

Reactions
Im new to DJI and I have to say im thrilled with my Mavic 2 Zoom and the Smart controller. Ive seen the Phantoms, the Inspires, the Mini, the Air, the spark and the previous mavics. As a non owner, not getting to know the company more intimately the impression is WOW, DJI makes some great stuff. Now after owning my zoom and joining this forum my impression is that yes, great products but it seems like DJI is run by a bunch of morons.
Heres the rant:
1:) why does every up grade come at a cost
Mavic (hand gestures and precision landings) Mavic 2 (no hand gestures and released with no precision landings (add PLandings later)
Mavic (sensors, Mavic 2- more sensors But: (all sensors only used during selected modes) Why?
2:) software (go 4 and DJI Fly)
for the past 18 months from what Ive seen Mavic 2 pro, zoom, mini, air using Go4. I dont know about spark or phantom
now they release the Air 2, another amazing upgrade but why suddenly DJY Fly app? Im thrilled that the AIR 2 is going to work with my smart controller which is preloaded with Go4. Supposed to be an update shortly so that it works with Air 2 but does that mean I need to load DJI fly on the controller or is the update going to make the AIR work with GO4? Id prefer the latter but with DJI who knows.
3:) Smart Controller - I find it to be excellent and sold as an upgrade and marketed as multi aircraft support. All great! So now they introduce the first new Ocusync 2 drone since the Smart Controller was available, AIR2 very exciting until you find out that DJI wont sell the AIR2 minus the bundled controller. Come on DJI, take your heads out of your butts and treat your customers right.
to sum up, Im already disgusted with DJI and there lack of thought for a very loyal customer base. The thing is they are not apple with a bunch of blind users with no other brands to look at. My next purchase could very well be Autel

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929