DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Battery Signal Error

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I I getting this problem with my DJI Mavic 2 battery
"Battery signal error. Ensure that your battery is produced by Dji and check the battery connection. Contact Dji support if this persists after restart."

When I charge with de hub, I can't but when I charge directly to the charger I get the 4 lights but when I star the dron I get this error and I don't gent any information about the battery, also I tried to install with dji assistant but I get a error to.
Any one has a solution?

Could it be that you got a battery that was not an official DJI battery? Where did you buy it?

Is the battery swollen at all (therefore not making good connection)?

After you power up your M2 and it goes thru its self startup checks (gimbals self calibration, ESC move a bit in random directions and then u hear the dji start up sound) does your device show an active fpv signal but your battery shows N/A?

Also, when u enter battery submenu you get no data for individual cells nor the number of charges, battery SN, etc.

If so it is something Ive been facing lately, only mine isnt having anything to do with the charging hub vs direct chg, and it comes randomly, on all my 3x batts, and the only notification I get is "return home immediately" since the app believes I have a dead pack.

Read this thread and let us know if this sounds like your issue or not, is your issue happening on all your batteries or just one?

If this is your issue, I have much more to add but sadly no for sure fix, yet. The guy in the post did warranty service and his issue was on a sigle battery, out of 3, I think. Mine is on any of my 3 batteries but when it occurs, it wont recognize any battery, including the one it just flew on, nor a totally different battery that my friend just flew.

Strange no doubt

Reactions: DronePride
Just throwing this out there. You might check the terminal connections inside the drone battery compartment and see if any are bent, broken, or dirty. I think that the voltage, and therefore charge, is monitored on separate pins from the main power pins so that it can supply power yet still read inaccurately.

Reactions: Gindra
Hi everyone !
I have exactly the same problem:
I fly my Mavic Pro yesterday, he work very well, but 1 hour later when I want to fly again, the error "Battery Signal Error" pop up on my DJI GO APP.
I cannot read any informations about the battery (percentage, volt, and all informations), and it's the same for my three batteries.
This error is appear suddenly, without crash or anything.
I cannot manage to fly the drone because of that.
I thinks the trouble is coming from inside the drone, I check the inside and everything look good...
I tried to upgrade or downgrade with DJI Assistant 2, but I can't finalize, the application think than I have less than 50% off battery.
I bought a new batterie power board for inside my mavic, I will try that...
Do you have resolve your problem ?

Hi Maxime,
as I wrote in your other thread, this can't be a drone issue.
My second battery still works perfect.
This must be a battery issue.

I tried to refresh the Mavic firmware, as suggested in some threads. Thats what I get using DJI Assistent .
I ran it several times, get always the same error message.
Anybody with an idea ?

Screenshot 2020-05-23 at 15.25.31.png

After you power up your M2 and it goes thru its self startup checks (gimbals self calibration, ESC move a bit in random directions and then u hear the dji start up sound) does your device show an active fpv signal but your battery shows N/A?

Also, when u enter battery submenu you get no data for individual cells nor the number of charges, battery SN, etc.

If so it is something Ive been facing lately, only mine isnt having anything to do with the charging hub vs direct chg, and it comes randomly, on all my 3x batts, and the only notification I get is "return home immediately" since the app believes I have a dead pack.

Read this thread and let us know if this sounds like your issue or not, is your issue happening on all your batteries or just one?

If this is your issue, I have much more to add but sadly no for sure fix, yet. The guy in the post did warranty service and his issue was on a sigle battery, out of 3, I think. Mine is on any of my 3 batteries but when it occurs, it wont recognize any battery, including the one it just flew on, nor a totally different battery that my friend just flew.

Strange no doubt
Same issue here. Following thread.

I am new and just received my Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual today along with the Fly Longer kit, or whatever it's called. While unboxing, I plugged all three batteries into the charging hub. I took the first battery out, the one that came with the drone, installed it and played around for about 20 minutes. Went in to get another battery but the charger was flashing red and neither had charged at all. I then began digging and reading about firmware updates, which I attempted on both batteries, without success - well, I say that... the update kept failing through the smart controller, so I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and tried that route. They both failed a couple of times so I went with another suggestion I read about putting the battery in for a few minutes and then taking it out, then charging it on the single charger and reinstalling it. When I did that and installed the battery, the update check said that there were no updates so I thought that it was fixed, except that I get a Battery Read Error, or something to that effect. The battery levels on these two batteries do not register through the Smart Controller, so here I am...

I have read a LOT of posts about this issue and never seem to find a solid solution, or one that works for me. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Kevin

Just renew the firmware with a pc using dji Assistant 2 for the Drone and RC. Then renew the IMU, that worked with me and now i don’t have the problem anymore.

Just renew the firmware with a pc using dji Assistant 2 for the Drone and RC. Then renew the IMU, that worked with me and now i don’t have the problem anymore.
Did you have "no signal error" for the battery in the first place?

I chime in too with my story:

I have got a Mavic 2 Pro from a customer that he told me after a crash it cannot recognize the battery. It says battery signal error, etc. The drone cannot see cell voltage, remaining time, cycle count etc. He had 3 batteries and with every battery the problem was the same. So I assumed the problem is within the drone so I started a normal repair and testing procedure, swapping ESC flex, logic board, other boards, etc. but none of them solved the issue. Out of illogical curiosity I tested the drone with one of my known good battery and it worked immediately. It was very strange that 3 of the customers battery stopped working.

So I tried to connect to the SMBUS pins SDA SCL on the batteries with CP2112 I2C interface board. None of them communicated whereas my battery was communicating properly.

How is it possible that somehow 3 batteries go wrong in the communication lines? I asked him if he had a bad charger but he told me he has the factory charger and charging hub.

I am out of ideas.

I also disassembled one battery and checked the internal test points for SDA and SCL but they were connected properly.

Also the connectors on the batteries are fine, so no contact issue

Or is there a possibility that the battery firmware gets corrupted somehow in every battery and makes them bricked?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jridout