DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Pilot PE

ddodell

Reactions
Have gotten DJI Pilot PE working with my 2 Pro ... but when trying to do mapping, it asks me to select a camera, and since the Mavic 2 Pro is not one of the defaults, need to do a custom setup ... has anyone done this and have recommended setting for the Mavic 2 Pro?

Screenshot_20201004-114637.png

has anyone done this and have recommended setting for the Mavic 2 Pro?

In custom settings:
Sensor Size: 13.2 x 8.8 mm
Max Photo Resolution: 5472 × 3648
Focal Length: 28mm (use 10.265mm w. Pilot app)

In custom settings:

Thank you ... I received another recommendation of using Focal Length 35mm and Sensor Size 28 x 28 mm ... you're recommendation is for the Mavic 2 Pro?

I fly Pilot Pro PE with my Mavic 2 Zoom and it brings up Enterprise Zoom as the option. I have been using that and it appears to be working I am just in the learning phase.

Have you guys tried the oblique mode gimbal setting with either a M2 pro or zoom? Mine will only do 90 deg (straight down) regardless of the angle I choose.

Have you guys tried the oblique mode gimbal setting with either a M2 pro or zoom? Mine will only do 90 deg (straight down) regardless of the angle I choose.
I´m having the same issue, that the gimbal locks itself in 90deg position when it start the missions in oblique mode.
Have you had any progress in how to solve it or is it know of any other mission planners that would work with SC?

Hello, just for contributing,
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI Pilot running in a Redmi Note 7 (Android). Oblique mode runs fine, It takes 90º images and all the other 4-direction at 60º.
It runs ok either with the already pre-configured M2Z Enterprise, or with a 'custom' camera.
That´s it. :)

dumb question, now that DJI Pilot PE have taken all the photos, what’s the best way to stitch them?

dumb question, now that DJI Pilot PE have taken all the photos, what’s the best way to stitch them?

Hi,
there are several softwares to do it, but most of them are not free.
An interesting option however is WebODM. It is open, free and have a good base of users. There is some learning curve, but it really worth a try.
Good luck!

In custom settings:
I got my Mavic 2 Pro working with these settings. I used 28mm because I wasn't sure what you meant by (use 10.265mm w. Pilot app). I had another issue I would love some advice on: I was mapping an area that required 758 images. After 728 images taken, it stopped to due running out of space. It was using the 8gb on-board storage instead of the 128gb SD card. And there doesn't appear to be any way to specify which storage to use on the Pilot PE app (DJI Go 4 App has a menu item to choose which storage to use). And to make matters worse...even though swapping the battery out mid-project worked great using "pause" and "resume"... that did not happen after shutting down and copying the images to a hard drive and deleting on the Mavic. Pilot PE just stating back from the beginning. So I'm hoping someone here will now how to force Pilot PE to use the SD card for mapping. I do also have a Mavic2 Zoom that I have not tried with Pilot PE yet. So maybe using that with the ME2 Zoom Enterprise settings will yield better results? Thanks for any replies...and sorry for the long post!!

I got my Mavic 2 Pro working with these settings. I used 28mm because I wasn't sure what you meant by (use 10.265mm w. Pilot app). I had another issue I would love some advice on: I was mapping an area that required 758 images. After 728 images taken, it stopped to due running out of space. It was using the 8gb on-board storage instead of the 128gb SD card. And there doesn't appear to be any way to specify which storage to use on the Pilot PE app (DJI Go 4 App has a menu item to choose which storage to use). And to make matters worse...even though swapping the battery out mid-project worked great using "pause" and "resume"... that did not happen after shutting down and copying the images to a hard drive and deleting on the Mavic. Pilot PE just stating back from the beginning. So I'm hoping someone here will now how to force Pilot PE to use the SD card for mapping. I do also have a Mavic2 Zoom that I have not tried with Pilot PE yet. So maybe using that with the ME2 Zoom Enterprise settings will yield better results? Thanks for any replies...and sorry for the long post!!
Did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to use a DJI Mavic 2 Pro with the DJI Pilot PE app on my Smart Controller, I assumed that when he said (use 10.265mm on the Pilot app) that's what he meant? If it doesn't work I'll use 28mm like you did. I tried to use Pix4D React to stitch a mission I made but I was only doing 40% overlap and it came out so bad. It was missing half the terrain down the middle but I assume it was because I needed to do more overlap. So I'm going to try 83% overlap and make the mission smaller to stay within 1 battery.

After all this time, have you learned anything new about this setup that you can share with us?

Is anyone having issue after downloading the new firmware for the remote ID that you cant use the dji pilot pe with the Mavic 2 pro. We have been using this for mapping for the last 2 years now it wont work. DJI is saying that we cant and should not have being able to use it for mapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a job coming up Friday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser