DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters - Skyreat **GND Filters**

Two different :
1) The new PL filters can be rotated.
2) The new filters can fit with the lens cover.

We're not going to sell the old ones when the new set is available, But we can take replacement if anyone want to , Even if the old ones are good filters too.

Is it possible to make a variable ND filter which changes on rotation?

Is it possible to make a variable ND filter which changes on rotation?
Although our friends from Skyreat can reply this in a more professional way, as a Photographer I can state that a variable ND is mainly 2 Polarizers rotating in the opposite direction. Besides creating weird X patterns in the sky when using wide angle lenses, I guess that the fact of having 2 glass elements will make the filter heavier therefore it will be difficult if not impossible to pass the gimbal initial test on startup.

It would be nice though...

When are these filters going to be released? It seems SKYREAT is kind of under pressure from the community to produce and release this. Please, do not hurry and produce a product that the first 100 people would have only complaints about it. But yet again, no matter how well you do with production, you will find someone here would start a new thread of how disappointing they are with the new product. It is just a fact. Wait after release and see that thread popup after a few weeks or days even.

So, SKYREAT, take your time and produce a very good set of filters for us to use and enjoy. I am close to deciding what filters I wish to buy. Right now, I am interested in ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND/PL16.

When are these filters going to be released? It seems SKYREAT is kind of under pressure from the community to produce and release this. Please, do not hurry and produce a product that the first 100 people would have only complaints about it. But yet again, no matter how well you do with production, you will find someone here would start a new thread of how disappointing they are with the new product. It is just a fact. Wait after release and see that thread popup after a few weeks or days even.

So, SKYREAT, take your time and produce a very good set of filters for us to use and enjoy. I am close to deciding what filters I wish to buy. Right now, I am interested in ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND/PL16.
Thank you !

Reactions: Turn11
We also have some filters if anyone would like to try them, please PM us! They rotate and clear the gimbal cover!
81nawtsJvfL._SL1500_-1.jpg

Reactions: ToddH
Two different :

We're not going to sell the old ones when the new set is available, But we can take replacement if anyone want to , Even if the old ones are good filters too.

I just received a set and upon testing I found that each filter had some amount of play to them, when attached to the camera.
Dropbox - 20180927_110009_1.mp4

Two different :

I have a set of the “old” Skyreat filters and find them to be as good as other popular filters I used. Just takes a bit on learning/practice to pop on the gimbal cover with the filter in place. It ain’t that hard.

Now, having said that, it’s good to know that Skyreat is taking appropriate measures to improve their filters so they easily clear the gimbal cover and are rotatable (Polarized filters).

Ray Jay

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82