DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 - Video

SaWil

Reactions
Hi Guys, before i ask any question, i want to say hallo in this fabolous Drone Group! I am Sascha from Germany - near Cologne.

Today i flew my drone for making some event videos. After i Release my memory Card in my Computer and took the Origin Videos in my preview Video Player the Video Scene was stuttering- it was not this smooth movement in the Videos.

My SD Card is a new and fast one (sanDisk extreme 128 GB V30 A2)

Does anyone here have some Ideals?
The drone Propertys are on Factory Settings

I wish everyone nice flights
Sascha

Welcome to the forum from the Arizona desert! Enjoy!
Sounds like dropped frames.
Please post your video settings and as much info as you can for proper evaluation.
It is possible that the card is not genuine as this has been an issue for some.
What computer and app are you using to view the video?
I use the same card, but in 64 GB and it performs well. BTW, this card is adequate for several flights and much cheaper than the 128GB version.

Welcome to the forum from the Arizona desert! Enjoy!
Sounds like dropped frames.
Please post your video settings and as much info as you can for proper evaluation.
It is possible that the card is not genuine as this has been an issue for some.
What computer and app are you using to view the video?
I use the same card, but in 64 GB and it performs well. BTW, this card is adequate for several flights and much cheaper than the 128GB version.

Hi Thomas,
thanks for reply.
Arizona is a nice Place, ive been there ...
My Setting of the Video are on 4K 30 Frames, for having best results...
Maybe i downgrade the Memory Card down to 64 k

Which Video Setting did you use ?
Is framerate a possible Quality issue?

Hi Thomas,
thanks for reply.
Arizona is a nice Place, ive been there ...
My Setting of the Video are on 4K 30 Frames, for having best results...
Maybe i downgrade the Memory Card down to 64 k

Which Video Setting did you use ?
Is framerate a possible Quality issue?
I use ISO 100, frame rate of 24-50, and the use filters to balance the fixed aperture (f2.4). I use manual mode (see your drone settings).

Here’s some things you can try for free:

Reformat your memory card in the drone (see your drone settings)

Be sure the app you are playing your videos with has the same frame rate as your recording. Importing otherwise can drop frames.

Learn how to use the exposure triangle (Google it if needed).

Hope this helps

I doubt that the problem has anything to do with the memory card. Almost all playback problems are either the lack of processor speed in the computer or using poor playback software.

What computer are you trying to play this on? Did you buy it in the last 5-7 years, or is it much older? You are playing 4K video and an amazing number of devices do not play 4K video smoothly.

Most likely the problem is the software on the computer because a large number of software programs, including many versions of Windows Media Player, do not have the ability to play 4K 30 fps video smoothly.

If you have a Windows computer, download the free VLC media player and try playing your video with that. Most likely, this will fix your problem.

Do not play from the card. There is a bottleneck in the card reader. Is it usb3 or 2. Is it directly connected to the computer or through a hub. Best to play from the computer once it's copied locally to a much faster sad or hard drive connected to the motherboard.

You probably are but it was just a thought that didn't seem to be mentioned.

Reactions: Thomas B
I had the same issue on my 10 year old Mac. Purchased a new iMac and no more issues. My guess is your computer can’t handle the 4K.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie