Here she is! DJI has it now!

Link: Mavic 3 Classic

Lots of reading to do now.

Attachments

• 6A781BAE-744B-4747-85B5-EBAA85BE9073.jpeg
    6A781BAE-744B-4747-85B5-EBAA85BE9073.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: AlbionDrones
I've just been reading all the specs on B&H's site about the M3C; its pretty impressive, and finally in the sub 2K price range. I never wanted that extra camera, and the Cinema version was overkill for my needs. Coming from a M2P, it is hard to go back to fixed aperture so the AIR2S was an an option only if; I lost my M2P.

Coming from a drone line that had cruise control, I can tell you that for Video shooting, this is a real bonus. Add to this that, now you can have an all-in-one controller with screen for around 300 bucks and the M3C is gonna be on a lot of 'wish lists' pretty quick - it just landed on mine. 🤔

I've just been reading all the specs on B&H's site about the M3C; its pretty impressive, and finally in the sub 2K price range. I never wanted that extra camera, and the Cinema version was overkill for my needs. Coming from a M2P, it is hard to go back to fixed aperture so the AIR2S was an an option only if; I lost my M2P.

Coming from a drone line that had cruise control, I can tell you that for Video shooting, this is a real bonus. Add to this that, now you can have an all-in-one controller with screen for around 300 bucks and the M3C is gonna be on a lot of 'wish lists' pretty quick - it just landed on mine. 🤔
Santa Claus will have many of them on his lists too!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Yes it is! I will be buying one in the spring. Have an RC231 already from a lost drone. Pretty excited about micro 4/3 and cruse control.

to be perfectly honest ,it was only going to be a matter of time before DJI realised that the very expensive Mavic 3 with all the bells and whistles, was not going to appeal to the average hobby flier
this new Mavic 3 classic ,here in the UK will be a great success for those wishing to replace their now aging M2s and if like me you already have the new DJI RC controller ,then the much more palatable price of the drone on its own at £1.309 ,and indeed the drone plus the DJI RC for those who dont have it yet the £1.529 is a good deal as well,
the prices i have quoted are from my DJI store App ,and are for ordering direct from DJIs official store,
these are exciting times for us drone fliers with the advent of controllers ,that are compatible,with several drone models,and the advances in technology inside our drones ,and in the end that can only be a good thing ,no matter what we use our drones for

Ok, I whimped out. There it was at Best Buy for pick-up tomorrow. With the RC controller. I fought hard but it won. Micro 4/3, 10 bit D-log, Cruse control, Night mode, 40 minutes air time, 360° sensing, No more futzing with the cell phone, It was calling my name over the internet, "Ogre, Ogre, I need a forever home". It didn't cost that much more than adopting an elephant on TV. Tomorrow I'm joining drones anonymous. Hi, my name is Ogre, I'm a dronaholic. Oh the shame.

Ok, I whimped out. There it was at Best Buy for pick-up tomorrow. With the RC controller. I fought hard but it won. Micro 4/3, 10 bit D-log, Cruse control, Night mode, 40 minutes air time, 360° sensing, No more futzing with the cell phone, It was calling my name over the internet, "Ogre, Ogre, I need a forever home". It didn't cost that much more than adopting an elephant on TV. Tomorrow I'm joining drones anonymous. Hi, my name is Ogre, I'm a dronaholic. Oh the shame.
“I feel yer pain!” 😂

I bought one last night at Best Buy. The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem like the gimble locks into place after you turn the drone off. All I have done so far is charge up the battery .

I bought one last night at Best Buy. The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem like the gimble locks into place after you turn the drone off. All I have done so far is charge up the battery .
Just plugged mine to start charging. Should know more in about an hour.

Don't tell the wife another drone you already have 😁

• Wow
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Wow, wow, and triple wow!

I will now ramble.......

What a bird! Out of the box the sticks are just sweet per my preference. Plenty of room before everything just races off. The M43, Dlog, 13 stop DR, 10 bit 2.65 goodness is pure eye candy. Takes a minute in Davinci Resolve to bring it out but wow it's a joy to see it develop before my eyes. It came up and grabbed a ton of satellites in a heart beat. Much greater travel distance than my MP2 as well. I am in love with cruse control. Just steer the thing and look around. That was my first flight. I've got a ton of things to try yet obviously but I am very impressed at this point. Off to buy refresh. I just wish I had tomorrow off. Oh well, something to day dream about at work.

Wow, wow, and triple wow!

I will now ramble.......

What a bird! Out of the box the sticks are just sweet per my preference. Plenty of room before everything just races off. The M43, Dlog, 13 stop DR, 10 bit 2.65 goodness is pure eye candy. Takes a minute in Davinci Resolve to bring it out but wow it's a joy to see it develop before my eyes. It came up and grabbed a ton of satellites in a heart beat. Much greater travel distance than my MP2 as well. I am in love with cruse control. Just steer the thing and look around. That was my first flight. I've got a ton of things to try yet obviously but I am very impressed at this point. Off to buy refresh. I just wish I had tomorrow off. Oh well, something to day dream about at work.
Are you using the DJI RC PRO remote?

Nope, Got the RC remote package. I do like this one however. It is just as bright as my cell phone. I would like one more programable button for centering the gimbal because I am using the two available for exposure lock and cruse control but it isn't that big of a deal to use the wheel.

Nope, Got the RC remote package. I do like this one however. It is just as bright as my cell phone. I would like one more programable button for centering the gimbal because I am using the two available for exposure lock and cruse control but it isn't that big of a deal to use the wheel.
Great I'm glad you like your set up! I purchased the same package as you did but I already had the RC Pro remote with my other Mavic 3. Did you notice if your gimbal locks into place after you switch off the drone? My other Mavic 3 gimbal locks into place after its turned off. I was hoping the Classic would to.

Great I'm glad you like your set up! I purchased the same package as you did but I already had the RC Pro remote with my other Mavic 3. Did you notice if your gimbal locks into place after you switch off the drone? My other Mavic 3 gimbal locks into place after its turned off. I was hoping the Classic would to.
No, it acts just like the gimbal on the MP2 and moves freely after the drone shuts down. I kept the foam packing for behind the gimbal to help keep it stable while I put the bra on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose