DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Corner Softness/Mushiness. Lens decentred?

Destin

Reactions
Hi all, I've just picked up my Mavic 3 from a bricks and mortar store today. Upon the first few photos I really noticed some extreme mushiness in the corners, more so than the M2 Pro. This is at all apertures but does become slightly better at 5.6. I've compared my images with some RAW samples I found online, mine definitely appear mushier. Does anyone have any other RAW samples they can link me to compare? Preferably in Daylight f2.8 - f4 at 100ISO.

I'm wondering whether this is worth exchanging while its within the exchange period, or whether its just the nature of the M3?

Included are samples from the Upper Left (worst), Upper Centre (good), Upper Right (bad)
Upper Left Upper Centre Upper Right

Attachments

• Upper Right.jpg
    Upper Right.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Upper Centre.jpg
    Upper Centre.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Upper Left.jpg
    Upper Left.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hi all, I've just picked up my Mavic 3 from a bricks and mortar store today. Upon the first few photos I really noticed some extreme mushiness in the corners, more so than the M2 Pro. This is at all apertures but does become slightly better at 5.6. I've compared my images with some RAW samples I found online, mine definitely appear mushier. Does anyone have any other RAW samples they can link me to compare? Preferably in Daylight f2.8 - f4 at 100ISO.

I'm wondering whether this is worth exchanging while its within the exchange period, or whether its just the nature of the M3?

Included are samples from the Upper Left (worst), Upper Centre (good), Upper Right (bad)
Upper Left Upper Centre Upper Right
Just an update to this. I exchanged it. The new one is dramatically better. There's still a little bit of softness just on the right side but stopped down to f4 it's almost as sharp as the rest of the image.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851