DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 $5 Tablet Mount

Love cheap, simple solutions like this!

Anyone know where these can be purchased in the UK?
Looking on the velcro website it doesn't deem that those ones are available:

Last edited:
I really wanted to find a tablet holder that would let me use the shorter cables that came with DJI Mavic Air 2. Plus, I feel like having the tablet closer to the arms makes it less top heavy.
I went to Home Depot, and here's the results.

View attachment 101380

I made a video showing how it's done.
I'm looking at Velcro website and it says these are 'coming soon' ...wtf :)

@gb160
found these on amazon Wall Hooks, AOMEES 12pcs Self Adhesive Hook: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
guess they'd do the job
or these
they looks longer

Last edited:
Reactions: gb160
@Shazbot
whats the length of these hooks if you dont mind
thanks

3.5 inches each (almost 9cm)
View attachment 101405
When they are stuck together 3.75 (9.5cm)
View attachment 101406

Found these on Amazon UK. They seem similar.

tesa Powerstrips Hooks Large CLASSIC - Removable Self-Adhesive Wall Hook for Glass, Tiles, Wood, Plastic and Other Surfaces - White - Holds Up to 2 kg
Cheers buddy, interestingly the chrome ones are under half the price of the white ones.

@Shazbot is there any reason why the two hooks cant just be glued together permanently with some really strong adhesive? And do away with the velcro altogether?

@Shazbot is there any reason why the two hooks cant just be glued together permanently with some really strong adhesive? And do away with the velcro altogether?
Actually, that was my original intention. I was looking at the Command Hooks. These were in the same area, and I liked the shape so I grabbed them. I just assumed they were a fake Command brand. It wasn't until I got home that I realized they were Velcro brand.

The glue I had at home was dry, so I decided to try it with included strips.
It seems to hold fine, but a good glue could be a more permanent solution.

The only caution I would say with glue is that if it becomes unglued, depending on how brittle the glue is, it could be instant. If it happens while you're flying the drone, that could be really bad for your tablet. The adhesive strips, if they start to separate, will happen slowly. You'll notice them separating and can fix them before you drop your tablet.

I'll know more after using this for a while.

Actually, that was my original intention. I was looking at the Command Hooks. These were in the same area, and I liked the shape so I grabbed them. I just assumed they were a fake Command brand. It wasn't until I got home that I realized they were Velcro brand.

The glue I had at home was dry, so I decided to try it with included strips.
It seems to hold fine, but a good glue could be a more permanent solution.

The only caution I would say with glue is that if it becomes unglued, depending on how brittle the glue is, it could be instant. If it happens while you're flying the drone, that could be really bad for your tablet. The adhesive strips, if they start to separate, will happen slowly. You'll notice them separating and can fix them before you drop your tablet.

I'll know more after using this for a while.
Thats cool buddy, just non velcro ones opens up a hell of a lot more options when searching...in an ideal world I'd get the ones you have but typically they're not available over here.

I have gorilla glue, the stuff is awesome when allowed to dry for 24 hours with pressure applied...ive used it for sticking bricks back into a wall in my garden that had come loose, the stuffs stronger than cement!

Reactions: crosswired
guys, just got a brainfart...
can we use for example a stripe of aluminium shaped as these hooks are sticking some rubber (rubber sticky tape) in places where it touches tablet and remotes mount?
it would solve '2 parts glued together' issue :)

Reactions: wali
guys, just got a brainfart...
can we use for example a stripe of aluminium shaped as these hooks are sticking some rubber (rubber sticky tape) in places where it touches tablet and remotes mount?
Could do, but it'll look tacky af if I play any part in it...I like the simplicity of two of those hooks stuck back to back.

Could do, but it'll look tacky af if I play any part in it...I like the simplicity of two of those hooks stuck back to back.
well, I'll try it anyways waiting for my hooks to arrive :)

G
I really wanted to find a tablet holder that would let me use the shorter cables that came with DJI Mavic Air 2. Plus, I feel like having the tablet closer to the arms makes it less top heavy.
I went to Home Depot, and here's the results.

View attachment 101380

I made a video showing how it's done.
Good idea. Very clever. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your flying.

Reactions: Shazbot
In the video I saw that made me think of this, the guy used an old plastic tablet stand like this.

View attachment 101420

LOL
guess DJI wont make any money trying to sell ipad adapters as there will be 100 home-made solutions already :)

Reactions: wali
What is the size of your ipad? I am curious if this would work on a 10.5 ipad

Edit: Nvm, pretty sure it would work if you just space it out more. Would also need a new cable.

Last edited:
What is the size of your ipad? I am curious if this would work on a 10.5 ipad

Edit: Nvm, pretty sure it would if you just space it out more. Would also need a new cable.
Yes, you can space it out. I have an old tablet (not compatible) about the same size.
It will hold it, but you're going to have to find a better way to hold the 2 clips together. Maybe try using a small machine screw/nut with a washer.
I could see it separating as I moved it around. See the photo showing the back.

20200516_141857.jpg
20200516_142114.jpg
20200516_142106.jpg

Attachments

• 20200516_141857.jpg
    20200516_141857.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Kep498

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads