DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic air 2 no audio

Profivark

Reactions
Hello, I am a new owner of the mavic air 2 and I am facing problem with the audio. I am recording as normal I set the cache to auto from the controller but still no audio when I am checking the video from the phone. I used to have for a while the mavic air and it was playing fine. I know when you transfer the video to pc there is no sound. How can i enable it and where the audio located if I want to extract it?
Ps I am using Samsung galaxy s6 normally but I connect it to my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra with no success.
Thanks in advance

Excuse me my ignorance but since when DJI drones have sound recording built-in? I am confused.

I know that the GO 4 app is able to cache local audio to the mobile device in addition to video on your mobile device/iPhone iPad etc. It does it all the time on my Mavic PRO. (no DJI drone has a microphone onboard)
The Go Fly app does not seem to have the feature. If anyone can find a hidden settings let me know. I have been having problems getting the the video to cache/syc with my iPad on my Air2. This was never a problem on my Mavic PRO. I know someone out there knows what they are doing better than me.

Last edited:
i believe what you are referring to is the audio from the devices mic, the drone itself does not have a mic in it ,as @macoman said maybe this feature is not compatable with the fly app

i believe what you are referring to is the audio from the devices mic, the drone itself does not have a mic in it ,as @macoman said maybe this feature is not compatable with the fly app
Yes I was referring to the audio from my phone. I was assuming I don't have to mention that I already know there is no audio to the drone. As @Peter B said probably there is no option anymore with the new Go fly app. So how the you tubers recording their voices? External camera?

i think that when you see a video on youtube, you will see most of them have remote audio equipment, and also add audio to the video during post processing

They can also get video + audio with some recorder app (like screen recorder).

They can also get video + audio with some recorder app (like screen recorder).
I've just tried this one from my s20 as the s6 doesn't have this function. The sound was very deep so I will try with my Bluetooth headset to see if is getting better. I ve seen in the past a video from one YouTuber and he was saying you Can't use recording app while you are on the Go 4 app so I never tried and i was using the cache from the phone. With the go fly app you can as I did it 10 minutes ago but you have to merge the audio with the video after that.

Well, I went to a park with some friends and I want to make some shots/video from the birthday surprise, but it was no sound. So I tried to find out why
I’m still not clear what audio you were trying to record? If it was from your phone, surely It would be either drowned out by the drone’s motors if close, or you’d be to far away from your subject to hear them?

Well, I went to a park with some friends and I want to make some shots/video from the birthday surprise, but it was no sound. So I tried to find out why
just do a voice over in post prodcution - will be less prone to wind noise anyway ...

I believe that is what h e meant. In a practical sense, if you want the audio from whatever event you are filming, you will need to use a seperate system for recording audio - either your phone or thru a third party application tied to your phone or someone elseses. Once you have the audio, you can dub them in to the video during post production.

It would be nice if there were an easier way, but I think that would work nicely and wouldn't be too difficult to pull off.

"voice over in post production"? You mean after the fly?
Yep ..make the video with your transitions etc then plan what you are going to say to match the video ... it’s the way wildlife videographers do it after all ...

I believe that is what h e meant. In a practical sense, if you want the audio from whatever event you are filming, you will need to use a seperate system for recording audio - either your phone or thru a third party application tied to your phone or someone elseses. Once you have the audio, you can dub them in to the video during post production.

It would be nice if there were an easier way, but I think that would work nicely and wouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
Yes, I agree, well at the end this is what we are trying to do here, we work around to find the best convenience way. By looking some videos on YouTube I found when the GO 4 app released it was no audio too. After the first or the second update they add it on. So maybe in the future they will do the same with the new app too
?

Reactions: Geekser
Hello, I am a new owner of the mavic air 2 and I am facing problem with the audio. I am recording as normal I set the cache to auto from the controller but still no audio when I am checking the video from the phone. I used to have for a while the mavic air and it was playing fine. I know when you transfer the video to pc there is no sound. How can i enable it and where the audio located if I want to extract it?
Ps I am using Samsung galaxy s6 normally but I connect it to my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra with no success.
Thanks in advance
From what I have seen on YouTube, I think the Fly App is used to show the drone screen while - for example - the screen recorder on a compatible iphone or ipad mini 5 is activated. And if you hold down the record “on” button on the phone function you can also turn on the ios mic, thereby allowing you to add your own commentary to the screen capture. That saved file will later reside in the default Photo Album folder. Go from there. I assume recent android will do similar. Good luck.

Reactions: Capt KO and Geekser
Almost all finished video has at least 2 sound elements added separately in post production. It is almost totally impossible to get high quality sound and video at the same time without a separate sound person dedicated to sound only. Feature films rarely even try this. They re-record the voice separately in a sound booth and connect the 2 in post, as well as adding the sound effects to make it realistic. Check the ADR and Foley credits on feature films.

If you just wanted a narration in real time for talking about what you were seeing, you could connect a mic directly into the tablet. If you wanted sound from the actual scene, you would need A sound recordist to get close to the event and record it.

Reactions: Profivark
If you just wanted a narration in real time for talking about what you were seeing, you could connect a mic directly into the tablet. If you wanted sound from the actual scene, you would need A sound recordist to get close to the event and record it.
[/QUOTE]

Yes this is what I want. To talk with my daughter/friends and record them while they are talking. But this mic to phone option is not anymore available like it used to be. I find out you can open in the background voice recording and do your job with the mic. I also tried @DavidT_ NZ option but nothing happened.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929