DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DjI Mavic Air 2 - stopped when entered Geo Zone

SteCee

Reactions
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well and enjoying flying.

Recently my area of flight allowed take off up to max 120m but and was kept well below. During the flight i had an alert that it changed to 60m, this was not an issue until a message said entered Geo zone - the Air 2 stopped in its tracks with 38% battery and would not respond to the controls. I tried the return to home function which activated but would not move from that spot, it hovered for a bit. When i realised it was just hovering there with no control or response (full signal) and with the battery depleting i jumped in the car to the location, the battery levels continued to drop then forced a landing due to critical low battery.

Has anyone heard of this with the Air 2 or any other for that matter, only recently the Geo Zones have changed and heights cut, I have no issues as safety is parmount. I tried to change from all sport/normal/cinematic, the drone moved ever so slightly but would not move from that area.

All software is up to date, Geo zones and data base too.

What would stop the drone in its tracks, in normal mode and if anything is detected in the air it is set to go around. Surprisingly it could go down but not move from that position.

In the end i got there just in time to catch but what would cause it to stay in the one place?

I'll check all software again today and redownload GoFly from DJI as the Google Play store still does not have it.

Thanks in advance
Stephen

It should have never went into restricted space, so you have a great abnormality in conditions and systems. If it detected that you were indeed already inside the NFZ it would have auto landed. The fact that it held hover would state that systems were operating normally. I would suspect that had you actually dropped height and then applied reverse you would have gained full control. I have never seen a report that the aircraft only "Slightly" worked given how the system is suppose to warn first, then finally hit the "invisible wall" which then only reverse out is only option. Reverse out as in either back stick or yaw to rotate both of which should be still active had the limit been reached flying into/towards a NFZ.

You might want to send in your logs if applicable to the gurus on here and see what it can show them. How long have you been flying DJI products, just out of interest and have you read your owners manual to understand how it works in such areas?

You might want to send in your logs if applicable to the gurus on here and see what it can show them.
I second that motion as I would like to know why it "disabled" the controls.
I was able to maneuver as mentioned when I flew into a restricted zone: reduce altitude and/or "back out".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143