DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air Charging port broken

Jhonnyyy

Reactions
Hello

I was a little to rude with the charging port and now it doesn't charge anymore since the internals are fuckt up..

Can I use the under USB port for charging the controller? (The full USB one) If so. I'll buy an Usb cable for that.

Hello

I was a little to rude with the charging port and now it doesn't charge anymore since the internals are fuckt up..

Can I use the under USB port for charging the controller? (The full USB one) If so. I'll buy an Usb cable for that.
Try and get a closeup resolution camera pic damaged both sides?

Its cooked. Likely plugged wrongfully and shoved, resultant frying contacts wrongfully engaged. youve gotta chk circuitry fried via support servicing

Its cooked. Likely plugged wrongfully and shoved, resultant frying contacts wrongfully engaged. youve gotta chk circuitry fried via support servicing

You mean to contact DJI? I don't think this is warranty. I hope so, the drone is 1 week old.

Explain that instructions did not designate the provided connect is KEYED and must be inserted accordingly to preclude irreversible damage to both sides

Explain that instructions did not designate the provided connect is KEYED and must be inserted accordingly to preclude irreversible damage to both sides
Good luck with that. No way this should break in a week.

i think it got shoved forcefully beyond designed limits. if both ends are provided they'll honor the unaligned insertion

i think it got shoved forcefully beyond designed limits. if both ends are provided they'll honor the unaligned insertion

I didn't use a lot of force. Just it didn't click in pace. Tried it again, and It didn't charge. I checked the inside and it was like that in the picture.

This was the 2nd time I charged the RC. So in total it has 1 charge. Does DJI provide any support for this? If so, i'll contact them. I am on a holiday starting tomorrow. Thats why I am asking.

well success was initially achieved for 1st successful charge.
you should let them know this.
you likely did not achieve proper KEYED alignment the next attempt to insert and engage connector properly.
just let them know this.
and that attempt was not with EXCESSIVE force.
yet it got uglied and now will not properly engage at all.

Oh Boy, wonder how many new Mavic Air Owners have done exactly the same thing?? We qualify as One of Them, in about the same time span.

Rather than sit idle for potentially several weeks so early in the game, we bought a second Controller. And some day we'll get the first one fixed.

To avoid accidental repetition, we also bought a cable with a detachable head that fits permanently in the side port.

Rgds, NAVMAV

Reactions: nigel
the overall psychology justifying is the phones identically having same connection.
And suffered too.

Does DJI provide any support for this?
I don't know if it would be covered under warranty, but DJI can definitely fix/replace it for you. You can contact them here.

Hi sorry to hear that has happened to you. I was charging my controller yesterday and the supplied adapter seems quite loose and the port I don’t believe is strong enough for long term removing of plugs to allow it to be charged. To that end I have ordered one of the magnetic charging leads and I am going to use the bottom port to connect to my iPad mini. Good luck with DJI.

every single modern connector has become quite miniaturized.
its fashionable but dysfunctional.
lots of folks zeal over such nonsensical novelties by designers.
so think, if you wanted the best design and for it to not fail you, what would you design as feature?

Reactions: Phill
I had the same problem with my controller ( for Mavic Zoom).Ive had it for 4 months.
I filled out a Service form from the DJI website, received a number, gave Controller and No to supplier. They sent it from Perth, Western Australia across to Service agent in Melbourne. It was sent repaired and returned in 3 weeks . Repairs and freight covered by Warranty. Excellent service.

Reactions: Thomas B
I had the same problem with my controller ( for Mavic Zoom).Ive had it for 4 months.
I filled out a Service form from the DJI website, received a number, gave Controller and No to supplier. They sent it from Perth, Western Australia across to Service agent in Melbourne. It was sent repaired and returned in 3 weeks . Repairs and freight covered by Warranty. Excellent service.
that is exclusive accommodation indicative of global support cultivation

Hi sorry to hear that has happened to you. I was charging my controller yesterday and the supplied adapter seems quite loose and the port I don’t believe is strong enough for long term removing of plugs to allow it to be charged. To that end I have ordered one of the magnetic charging leads and I am going to use the bottom port to connect to my iPad mini. Good luck with DJI.
Good luck with the magnetic cable system. My luck was poor due to the strong earth magnet was interfering with connection. My story, in short... I installed the part into controller flew the mavic pro up to about 60 feet. Disconnect from controller. The RTH kicked in drone landed. Restarted everything. Drone went up to 100ft ... Disconnect from controller. RTH INITIATED. Landed... took the USB magnetic connector off the remote.. issue gone.... installed it again on remote, disconnect...so I uninstalled them from all my drones... I also had magnetic interference issues when it was installed on the Autel Evo controller. So, I dont trust them now... to each its own....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000