DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air ......the best drone atm ....but 1 thing missing..!

paulus59

Reactions
DJI Mavic Air,

My first drone ever,
and i love it, so stable, so beautiful pictures and video's, outstanding quality,

but there is one thing i miss on this fantastic drone.........-> : Camera Zoom option ;-)

I know my Mavic Pro had zoom at 1080. I didn't realize the Air didn't include it. Bummer.

Pro does not have a real zoom, it’s just a crop function so you can achieve the same result with the Air in post and have better pic quality as a plus

Reactions: MavicMo
I wouldn't want digital zoom - I'd rather capture at 4K and apply any zoom in-post if my resulting project is to be 1080p. That way I wouldn't be sacrificing quality.
Optical zoom on the other hand, give me that any day ;)

oke , but how do i have to do that ? sorry i am a real nooby here ;-)
The other thing DJI does not tell you is that if you want great video, you're going to have to buy a computer that can process 4k. Most video processing programs will be able to zoom in post for you. =/

@Lifti i have to dive into that , properly on youtube to create that ;-)

@thongbong i have a pretty capable Computer that does it wel , processing a 4K video in Les then 10 minutes ;-)

Reactions: thongbong
The zoom function is really handy if you're trying to look for something or someone at altitude. It definitely gives clarity on the subject without descending.

Reactions: paulus59
@mavic6611 sure it comes in handy i know i hope they could build in a digital zoom function , it can we have 1 or two buttons "left for it with no function straps to it ;-)

Reactions: mavic6611
@mavic6611 sure it comes in handy i know i hope they could build in a digital zoom function , it can we have 1 or two buttons "left for it with no function straps to it ;-)
Yeah I think they will eventually.
They also need to give some options for more colour styles in the video settings.

DJI Mavic Air,

My first drone ever,
and i love it, so stable, so beautiful pictures and video's, outstanding quality,

but there is one thing i miss on this fantastic drone.........-> : Camera Zoom option ;-)
perhaps in the Mavic Air II at a later date. I'm with you!

Reactions: paulus59
DJI Mavic Air,

My first drone ever,

Film in 4K and than crop in post. That is way better than digital zoom for any given situation. As the matter of fact if you care about picture quality you will avoid digital zoom on any device. Technology is just not good enough yet.

Zoom function brings "privacy" issues to the forefront. It's bad enough I can barely find a location to fly that is a reasonable distance from suburbia. Add in a zoom function and OMG! I tell people that they are silly if they think a drone can spy on them in the backyard. If it can see you and any details about you...it is so close you can knock it down with a baseball bat...and you should.

I don't need a zoom feature for filming my typical subject matter (fall colors, waterfalls, beach, cliffs, etc.). I think there is a place for it but It's only going to confirm the general public hatred of these fabulous photographic tools. The rules are already difficult to impossible to fulfill. Are you sure you want another rule implemented as a result of this capability? I can see it already...you must remain 1/2 mile from all buildings and private property and people. Good luck taking that wedding photo then, lol. Get out your SLR.

..... I think there is a place for it but It's only going to confirm the general public hatred of these fabulous photographic tools.
Thanks to the media, the general public already believes that we have the ability to take a photo of a cat's eye from 70,000ft in the air. While I never use the zoom on my MP, I see the advantage of it during flight and SAR, but never for shooting video or photos. My point? The general public already has this notion that we can see through walls from great distances. Actually being able to do so wouldn't change the current climate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU