DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Bundle now sold at Costco

aringhof

Reactions
$989 for the basic Mavic, and includes the DJI carrying case and propeller guards. By far the best deal for a new Mavic.

ddbb18781d20ff3e49136fecd75add08.jpg

$989 for the basic Mavic, and includes the DJI carrying case and propeller guards. By far the best deal for a new Mavic.

ddbb18781d20ff3e49136fecd75add08.jpg
I would have to pay sales tax on that amount from Costco. I'm thinking the flymore bundle would be a smarter deal for me and there would be no tax.

CostCo offers 90 day no questions asked crash insurance. If it crashes, just bring back the pieces for a full store refund, or if you even if don't like the way it smells, take it back for a full refund. Try that anywhere else! :cool:

Reactions: FearMe and pdxhayes
What I'm trying to figure out: Costco=$989 plus 7% state sales tax equals $1058. The flymore bundle is $1300 and no sales tax(mail ordered) . Besides the 2 extra batteries, which are a MUST for me, is there anything else in the flymore bundle that makes it worth the extra $242? The 2 batteries account for $178 of that $242 extra. What is the other $64 buying that matters? Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: yd0nxx
What I'm trying to figure out: Costco=$989 plus 7% state sales tax equals $1058. The flymore bundle is $1300 and no sales tax(mail ordered) . Besides the 2 extra batteries, which are a MUST for me, is there anything else in the flymore bundle that makes it worth the extra $242? The 2 batteries account for $178 of that $242 extra. What is the other $64 buying that matters? Decisions, decisions...
4 way charger (120 v), car charger, extra set of props

I think I've decided to piece together my package "A-la-Carte'. The $80 carry bag that comes with the bundle sounds like it will work, but it also sounds like it is just barely big enough or not big enough. I'm a photographer and have a Lowe sling bag that will be perfect for this use. That's $80 saved. I also can see no use in my life for a car charger. Both of my vehicles have 110V inverters, so the wall charger will work when traveling. Spare props and spare batteries are the important parts for me. I can probably save enough to pay for some ND filters (Also a "must have" for me.) I'll order a 4 or 5 way charger from Amazon probably.

ND filters really are a "must have" for everyone. Just as humans need sun glasses, so do cameras, especially if they lack an aperture.

I find it ridiculous that DJI doesn't include at least one ND filter with their quads, maybe a 16. Really though, for the price point of this thing, a full set of 3-4 filters should simply be a part of the product.

ND filters really are a "must have" for everyone. Just as humans need sun glasses, so do cameras, especially if they lack an aperture.

I find it ridiculous that DJI doesn't include at least one ND filter with their quads, maybe a 16. Really though, for the price point of this thing, a full set of 3-4 filters should simply be a part of the product.
Agreed. Usually, only photographers understand the absolute necessity of these filters in bright surroundings. In cameras without aperture settings, they are the difference of night and day. Even with full aperture control like a DSLR, the negative effects on depth of field without ND filters is an insurmountable problem.

Not in the UK though :-(

I tell a lie here! they are available in the UK online at Costco at £999.00 or $1061 plus taxes!

I've yet to see ONE video that shows a difference between ND and not-ND. Happy to be convinced of their importance.

I've yet to see ONE video that shows a difference between ND and not-ND. Happy to be convinced of their importance.

If you can see no difference then the ND filter is doing its job :)

The difference should be a slower shutter speed and ideally no added color cast from the filter.

That's the advertising hype that the filter manufacturers would have you believe, so they can sell everyone a completely unnecessary, expensive, high profit set of filters! Unless you need a very slow shutter speed for motion blur, or need a cinematic blur for your video, they offer no benefit. The use of ND filters in aerial videography is grossly misunderstood by the vast majority of filter purchasers. Most mistakenly think they are needed to control exposure! :rolleyes: ND filters have their place, but are only truly needed by a very small minority, and only in limited circumstances for shooting in bright sunlight. The best lighting is during the golden hours, where the shutter speeds are close to cinematic anyway. A graduated ND filter is what is really needed.:cool:

If you can see no difference then the ND filter is doing its job :)

The difference should be a slower shutter speed and ideally no added color cast from the filter.

But the assumption here is that the slower shutter speed is apparent in the video, and I contest that notion.

But the assumption here is that the slower shutter speed is apparent in the video, and I contest that notion.
The assumption is that it is not only apparent, but actually desired. For anyone extracting stills out of their video, the resulting slower shutter speed would turn any extracted stills from the video into a blurry mush!

I just bought the Costco Mavic Pro package. Seemed like a good way for a Newbie to go. However, when looking at the box inside, I see printed: "Made for iPhone" and a list of 6 iPhones. Nothing on the outside of the package box mentions that it is limited to iPhones.
Does this mean it will only work with the iPhones specified?
Thanks for your help!

I just bought the Costco Mavic Pro package. Seemed like a good way for a Newbie to go. However, when looking at the box inside, I see printed: "Made for iPhone" and a list of 6 iPhones. Nothing on the outside of the package box mentions that it is limited to iPhones.
Thanks for your help!
no... indeed most of us use it on android ;) enjoy it !

Reactions: Safet4u
Thanks for your help!
I think that is merely a recommendation. It doesn't mention an Ipad mini4 does it? That ideally is the way to go.

Reactions: Safet4u
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3